Thread: Where Can I Get RCBO's?

Thanks

Where Can I Get RCBO's?

Where can 1 get RCBO's locally?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Local suppliers are so far behind the curve with RCBO's it makes me despair. The only place I know of is RS Components. They're not the cheapest by any means but they're convenient if you just need one or two. If you're after large quantities or if you need the compact type RCBO's I'd suggest you import from the UK yourself which is what I'm having to do. If I was ordering in the near future you could have tagged onto the same order but unfortunately I've just received 50 plus Hager units which are for a specific job so I won't be reordering for a while.

You could also try ordering off E-Bay but I've heard mixed reports about how reliable the deliveries can be plus you'll probably struggle to submit warranty claims etc. Also some of the products on E-Bay won't be compliant with SANS so I'd urge caution.

If you find any other local suppliers I'd be very interested so please come back and let us know.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Where Can I Get RCBO's?

I've made your post into a new thread for you, I think it's something that's going to be of more and more interest to people in the foreseeable future and any info was going to get lost in the thread it was in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I've made your post into a new thread for you, I think it's something that's going to be of more and more interest to people in the foreseeable future and any info was going to get lost in the thread it was in.
    Thanks AndyD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Local suppliers are so far behind the curve with RCBO's it makes me despair. The only place I know of is RS Components. They're not the cheapest by any means but they're convenient if you just need one or two. If you're after large quantities or if you need the compact type RCBO's I'd suggest you import from the UK yourself which is what I'm having to do. If I was ordering in the near future you could have tagged onto the same order but unfortunately I've just received 50 plus Hager units which are for a specific job so I won't be reordering for a while.

You could also try ordering off E-Bay but I've heard mixed reports about how reliable the deliveries can be plus you'll probably struggle to submit warranty claims etc. Also some of the products on E-Bay won't be compliant with SANS so I'd urge caution.

If you find any other local suppliers I'd be very interested so please come back and let us know.

Good Luck.
    Which UK supplier are you using and what is the price difference when compared to RS components?

I will speak to the Schneider rep that I know and find out who their local distributor is.

Thanks
    Good day. I had a look at the rcbo on the rs site and my question is: is the supply fed into the bottom of the rcbo and the load on top or will it function correctly when the supply is fed into the top and load at the bottom? Thanx

Thanks
    The UK supplier I use depends on the type of RCBO's I need and also the quantities and how quickly I need them. If you give me more details of what you need I can suggest a supplier.
    I think the main Schneider distributor in SA is Voltex/Bidvest but maybe confirm with them through the Schneider website.
    I'd also be interested where the other sparkies are getting theirs from or maybe there's not much of a market as yet....???
    Many of the RCBO's are fed with supply at the bottom which is the general system in the UK consumer units (DB's). Some makes and models can be fed from the top. These single pole Schneider units are top fed..

Thanks
    Thanx Andy.