Thread: Pastel - Time lag when adding line items & Data integrity

Thanks

Pastel - Time lag when adding line items & Data integrity

Hi Everyone,
    Hope everyone is well.

I have been experiencing some issues on Patel of late that I am not sure how to fix.

When I'm doing a quote or invoice, adding a line item I sometimes need to change the price, (we have few different pricing options loaded), so when selecting the droptown to choose the price, entering it then causes a time delay before the cursor moves on and allowing me to continue adding lines.
    this mainly happens when doing quotes - so doing a quote has become a frustrating slow process - does anyone know what the cause is and how I can fix this time lag?

Also, I do a data integrity every morning (by suggestion of our IT professional), but during the day when I need to order stock and I run a re-order report, I notice some stock that I know is on order does not show, so when double checking on the inventory lookup, it also does not show on order there. I then have to do another data integrity(rebuild batch quantities), and then it would show. I rely on the re-ordering report when ordering stock, but am now scared it is incomplete by not showing the stock already on order, and if I don't remember that I did infact already order it, I might double order. Does anyone know what could cause this.

Christina

Silver Member
    Thanks
    The rebuild batch quantities clears your unposted file and recalculates the items in open batches according to your open documents. If you do a document (quote, PO, whatever) pastel writes the quantity to the unposted file when you complete the line. If you don't tab through the line to the next line, and you just click "next document", you entry might not write to the unposted file. The other thing is changing quantities on a document. You had 5 on an order (so 5 in unposted) and you go back into that order and change it to ten and complete the line (another 10 written to unposted) you will now end up with 15 on order, until you rebuild batch quantities again. Only way around it we found worked - Do not change quantities on document lines. If it is wrong, rather delete the line (which should clear in unposted) and recapture the line with the new quantities.

The time lag could be caused by large files. Have you deleted your old quotes and sales orders. You can do that under batch - delete whole batch - then select a date range (document due date, not document date) up to which to delete to, eg 6 months ago.

3. Thanks given for this post:

ChristinaOgle (02-Dec-19)

Thanks
    Hi Christina

There are multiple reason why Pastel could be slow in responding as Kevin pointed out. Kevin is a Wizz when it comes to Pastel.

Just another option that you can consider is using capturing Apps for Pastel. We are Pastel Partner and Xpress App builders and we have an off the shelf App called MyCustomers.

The App operates in Excel and is made available to your teams through Dropbox. Accordingly there is no need for additional Pastel licences. the App reads directly from your Pastel database to ensure that you capture correct customer, items and project codes.

A centralised template environment makes it possible to load multiple items or complicated bill of materials in the back end, which is then available for your team to use in App with a simple click of a button.

Using this has made capturing and quoting so much easier and fun.

The App also integrates with project and multi-store environments.

• MyCustomers generates quotations, sales orders and invoices.
    • Our other app, MySuppliers, generates purchase orders and supplier invoices.

The generated documents are Pastel import ready and syncronises through cloud to your financial team for importing into Pastel. So no more duplicate capturing or delays.

Just something to consider to help take out the frustration of slow response time in Pastel.

Happy to send more info or do a demo if you are keen.

Hope you get improvement on speed soon!

All the best.
    Alec
    Alec Candiotes (CA) SA
    Business Intelligence and Report Automation developer

www.mybi.co.zaalec@mybi.co.za • 072 997 9553

5. Thanks given for this post:

ChristinaOgle (02-Dec-19)

Thanks
    Thank you very much Kevin & Alec for the replies. I will look at your suggestions

Much appreciated.

Regards
    Christina

Thanks

Hi Alec

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Candiotes View Post
    Hi Christina

There are multiple reason why Pastel could be slow in responding as Kevin pointed out. Kevin is a Wizz when it comes to Pastel.

Just another option that you can consider is using capturing Apps for Pastel. We are Pastel Partner and Xpress App builders and we have an off the shelf App called MyCustomers.

The App operates in Excel and is made available to your teams through Dropbox. Accordingly there is no need for additional Pastel licences. the App reads directly from your Pastel database to ensure that you capture correct customer, items and project codes.

A centralised template environment makes it possible to load multiple items or complicated bill of materials in the back end, which is then available for your team to use in App with a simple click of a button.

Using this has made capturing and quoting so much easier and fun.

The App also integrates with project and multi-store environments.

• MyCustomers generates quotations, sales orders and invoices.
    • Our other app, MySuppliers, generates purchase orders and supplier invoices.

The generated documents are Pastel import ready and syncronises through cloud to your financial team for importing into Pastel. So no more duplicate capturing or delays.

Just something to consider to help take out the frustration of slow response time in Pastel.

Happy to send more info or do a demo if you are keen.

Hope you get improvement on speed soon!

All the best.
    Alec
    Please send me details
    HJ

Thanks
    Hi Alec
    Please send details

HJ

Thanks
    Hi HJ

See our product overview here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnjg69w1rb...rview.pdf?dl=0. Our website is not completely updated, we are in the process of doing it. But I believe you will find a lot of information about our business and apps there: https://mybi.co.za/.

If you like, we can set up a demo. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,
    Alec
    Alec Candiotes (CA) SA
    Business Intelligence and Report Automation developer

www.mybi.co.zaalec@mybi.co.za • 072 997 9553