Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bond arrears

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    One less thing to worry about ... paid total outstanding amount.
    Hey, that's very good news Ian.
    Happy for you.

You made my day .... good news is scarce these days.

Peace out ... Derek

2. Thanks given for this post:

ians (18-Sep-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A question with regards to bonds.

So I settled my bond outstanding balance and because the bond this month was a little late ... however still within the 30 days (bonds are not calculated daily) ... they add the amount to the 90 days + outstanding.

Surely that is illegal ?

I understand that I missed 4 payments a year ago (which ar enow up to date ... why would they add this months total to 12 months ago statement ?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    As per our telephonic conversation yesterday, I have cancelled you debit order as requested.

I tried contacting you, however I could not get a hold of you.

As advised yesterday, with regards to the payment holiday. Standard bank was assisting clients last year due to the Covid pandemic. I did note that you responded around 11 August 2020, that you did not want a payment holiday.

The debit order must have been activated again in error when your instalment was set back as normal.

I trust you find the above in order.

Kind regards

signature_1679843650

Melvin Padayachy

Home Loans Foreclosure Officer: CRR KZN

Tel +27 (0)31 374 1976/ www.standardbank.com
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I get the email from Standard bank on Aug 17, 2021, 10:50 AM from Standard bank.

I get a statement from Standard bank today ... yip you guessed it ... they ran the debit order again and so FNB returned it again.

SO where to from here the full outstanding amount for the 4 months unpaid ... plus all the interest and costs where paid in full as per the statement sent to me from Standard bank last month.

They have debit the FNB account again this month and the amount returned was added to the 90 plus days with interest yet it is for the returned debit order for August 2021 ... so now there is a balance outstanding in the 90 days + again which I assume they will sell my personal details to debit collectors again

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    By the way ... this debit order which they decided to start again without permission was cancelled in 2014 ... and without permission started again in 2020.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Report them to the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud: CGSOhttps://www.cgso.org.za › cgso

Banks are very scared of negative publicity and once you start reporting them to official bodies with the possibility of negative press they usually respond very soon.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    An update ... I got an email from Standard bank today to advise me that my account is in the arrears by 19 days ... therefore the account will remain with their legal department and the debit collectors ... I wish I had the time to go sit in court and hear how they would take my house for being 19 days overdue ... which by the way ... the only reason it is over due by 19 days is because I am withholding payment until the illegal debit order stops ... which by the way costs an additional R57.50 (total of R690.00) for the past 12 months ... can I request the funds are credited to my bond account ... considering the bank has acknowledge in an email that it was an error ... or should i say bullying tactic ?

I have just received threatening email from the debit collector and should expect a slip in the post again soon ... for a registered letter ... threatening legal action ... and 24 hour harassment from the debit collectors.

This is the scary part ... I receive an email from Standard bank and within a couple minutes an email from the debit collectors threatening legal action again because my bond is 19 days in arrears ... are the debit collectors in the same office as Standard bank ?

Its Africa we can only smile.

In these challenging times I really feel so sorry for families who dont have the funds to just pay out 4 or 6 months arrears on a bond or others who are just trying to get by day by day.

I hear of people wanting to throw tons of cash at companies after the riots and looting on groups ... maybe direct your excess funds to families who need it ... families who are holding onto everything they can.

I know of people who take the money they manage to get ... split it to try pay little bits of each account just to get through the month ... they are the ones who need help .. a little support.

If everyone is getting bail outs and grants and every other kind of support ... why the f%^&* is the government not forcing banks and the like to offer some form or relief ... no the ridiculous payment scheme Standard bank forced onto customers last year ... thank goodness I am not in the position of having to ask for help.

People should stand up and speak out ... go to the radio station and dont shy to ask for help or at least for an investigation to be launched into this type of bullying.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Report them to the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud: CGSOhttps://www.cgso.org.za › cgso

Banks are very scared of negative publicity and once you start reporting them to official bodies with the possibility of negative press they usually respond very soon.
    I couldnt be bothered ... I really feel for people who are being bullied by banks during these difficult times.

I have a mate who is really in the shyte and listening to him makes me realise why people should be using radio stations and social media to express their concern over how these bullies who dont give a rats a$$ about the people just the numbers ... as for the ridiculous payment holiday ... that should be blown wide open.

I thought about contacting Wendy Knowler ... but she doesnt seem too busy to bother will silly thigs like this.

The next challenge and real challenge starts soon ... once the government allows councils to start cut power to home owners in the arrears on rates/water and lights.

When I hear some of the outstanding figues ... eeeesih ... lets hope they will do as they have done in Soweto ... just write off all the debit and start fresh

I am thinking its time to sink a borehole and get that PV system installed and soon.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My bond arrears are paid up to date ... by here is something to consider when your bond with Standard bank goes into the arears even if it is 1 month ... I still have the debit collectors harassing me

So I contact the bond collection department and their response was rather interesting ...

"""I received you initial query with regards to the debit order on 16/08/2021.

The debit order was cancelled on 17/08/2021. Your debit order did not run on 01/09/2021.

The 57. 50 is a service charge fee.

The payments made on your bond account go towards the instalment due for the month and the additional amount goes towards your arrears. Therefore the amount that reflects under the 90+ days column is for the outstanding arrears on the bond account."""

So I paid the bond for this month ... you have 30 days and by the way interest is not charged by the day ... so if they try bully you into paying by the 7th ... it makes no difference if you pay it on the 1 or the 30 th the interest shouldn't change.

Something else to note ... I am told that if I don't pay the bond on the 1st or by the 7th of next month ... the debit collectors will be harassing me and my family because the debit will once again fall into the 90 day + Column.

Just to F%^& with them ... I am going to apply for a payment holiday ... lets see how that goes.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We worried about google and facebook and other social media platforms are selling your personal information ... wait till you get behind on a Standard bank bond payment ... They share everything with the debit collectors ... your ID ... home address ... business contact number ... personal contact details ... they can even force a debit order onto one of your family members account without permission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast