Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mail response time

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks

E-mail response time

Hi all

I am in a business where email response time is very important and what I still don't get is why some business take so long to respond to an e-mail.I mean if time is money then taking to long to respond to an e-mail can sometimes cost you a client AKA money and we all need to eat.

Regards L_O_O_M

Email problem
    Thanks
    If I e-mail a client I usually give them till the following day to reply. People are busy & cannot always reply to all e-mail's immediately. If it's really urgent, I usually call the client a few hours later asking, "Have you received my e-mail?".

Thanks
    League - I assume you are one of those people who monitor on your cellphone when out, and then reply immediately?

Thanks
    Hi Phil and perform computers,perform computers yes that's true but but normally the client's not the problem it's other business's or suppliers a client's one thing but a business another.Phil yes I try to especially if its a client because good service is important to me so I try my best to keep my client's updated but I am not one of those obsessive guys so I don't let it interfere with my personal life.
    Last edited by IanF; 05-Oct-12 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Hi guys I would just like to apologize I miss spelled guys and I wrote gays I mean no offence by it and I don't know how to edit my post.

Quote Originally Posted by league_of_ordinary_men View Post
    I am not one of those obsessive gays so I don't let it interfere with my personal life.

Thanks
    Hi guys I would just like to apologize I miss spelled guys and I wrote gays I mean no offence by it and I don't know how to edit my post.
    LOOM Sometimes I can do something useful here fixed.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hi all

I am in a business where email response time is very important and what I still don't get is why some business take so long to respond to an e-mail.I mean if time is money then taking to long to respond to an e-mail can sometimes cost you a client AKA money and we all need to eat.

Regards L_O_O_M
    I get grilled for that on a regular basis. I only answer mails within 24-48h. Then I only answer the really important ones first. If time do not permit, then I leave it for the next morning.

I look at it this way, if you really want to get hold of me then you can Phone me. I also do not reply to SMS. Same thing, if you truly want to get in contact, then you can phone.

Technology is fantastic, but it is busy taking over peoples lives. I walk out of meetings on a regular basis, if half the people in there sit and thumb, thumb. I simply get up and walk out. I do however let them know that they can organize another meeting when everybody is actually going to attend mentally.

In fact I walked out a professional meeting TODAY again. 1 Architect, 2 Engineers, 1 Q'S AND 7 other people representing the client, did not know what to say, when I got up and told them they are disrespectful and am wasting an enormous amount of time and money. 7 out of the 12 people present was either on their Phones or Tablets.

Back to email. Most people send their email and expect a answer within a few Hours. Geez now you have made an effort and gave the answer, these people then sit for weeks on end on that answer and do not came back to you.

In my view only if your business rely strongly on email, then yes you need to keep on top of it.

Thanks
    Hi IanF and dfsa,Thanks IanF.dfsa,that's disrespectful to me as well not even having the respect to put your "gadgets" away to look someone in the face when talking to them especially in a meeting where time is money and people are dependent on that money.It's like shaking someones hand when you meet them that to me is a sign of respect to the other person and it shows you are taking the time to acknowledge the other person but some people when you reach out to shake there hand there hand go's limp and it's like you have to shake there hand for them and that is disrespectful in my opinion.

But hy that's IMHO.

Regards L_O_O_M

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I had a friend who always shook with a limp hand, and one day i asked him the reason, and he simply said that it was his way of showing that he was not your enemy, and that he was not a threat and hence the limp hand.

Hmm interesting, I tend to have a more firmer hand, and it is my way of saying that I mean business, so different strokes for different folks.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    different strokes for different folks.
    HahahahahaI like a firm stroke myself hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast