Thread: Duplicate Payments on Ledger

Thanks

Duplicate Payments on Ledger

Hi,

My colleague captured a payment from a customer off the bank statement, because the account is in open item, it automatically matched invoices to that amount.

However, I am not sure if she duplicated the entries because it is reflecting multiple payments of the same amount and now the outstanding balance has gone off.

If she tries to re-capture on receipts but with a minus sign infront, it is adding that amount back to the balance and tries to match it against the open item.

Please help....how can she remove these entries so that the ledger and statement reflect the correct balance owing......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Hi,

My colleague captured a payment from a customer off the bank statement, because the account is in open item, it automatically matched invoices to that amount.

However, I am not sure if she duplicated the entries because it is reflecting multiple payments of the same amount and now the outstanding balance has gone off.

If she tries to re-capture on receipts but with a minus sign infront, it is adding that amount back to the balance and tries to match it against the open item.

Please help....how can she remove these entries so that the ledger and statement reflect the correct balance owing......
    Your best option is to do a customer journal. Use the same reference as you did when capturing the original amounts, state "correction" as your description. Then utilize the bank account as your contra account.