Thread: Emailing Pastel Xpress 14 Invoices and statements painful

Thanks

Emailing Pastel Xpress 14 Invoices and statements painful

Hi Guys,

Since upgrading to Windows 8.1 and Office 2013, Pastel is proving a pain when emailing statements or emails. A small popup with 'Allow' or 'Deny' intercepts the email. This popup stays under the Pastel interface, so you have to find it on the taskbar every time, and the 'Allow' button is disabled for 5 seconds. This is annoying while invoicing, and it makes statement runs impossible.

Pastel support recommends 'Click Yes', but you have to pay for the version that works on Window 8.1 and Office 2013. I have tried a few other mail clients, but cant get it right. EmClient creates the mail, but doesn't get the email address from Pastel. Postbox can handle invoicing, but falls over with statements.

I am hoping somebody has experienced and resolved this issue - any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Simon

Thanks
    I've always used and installed an old version of ClickYes, which is free and works on all versions of Windows and Office, including W8.1 and Office 365/2013.

You can download it from here.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

3. Thanks given for this post:

SimonDeschamps (25-Jun-15)

Thanks
    Thanks Neville, you were spot on once again. I will keep that file safe.

Thanks
    The other option is to open Microsoft Outlook as "run as administrator". Right click on the shortcut and tick "run as administrator". Click on Tools, Trust Centre, Programatic access and tick the box "Never warn me about suspicious activitity (not recommended). Then go to your Pastel program and send your statements by email. 100's of Statements will go through in about 1 minute to your Outlook. After all the statements have left your outbox and appear in the sent items, click on Tools, Trust Centre, Programatic acces and tick the box " warn me about suspicious items when my anti virus is inactive" or whichever option you prefer. Close Outlook and restart Outlook as normal. Note: Do not run Outlook as Administrator by default. It will stop the indexing of emails after you made the function a default and you will not be able to search newer emails. I run Outlook 2007 and this works for me. I could not get the "click yes" to work for me.

Thanks

Pastel Emailing Invoices

Afternoon

I having a problem with pastel xpress Version 11.

My specific customer account is set up to send statements and not invoices. Under the customer account, processing tab, documents section, printing, i have selected print document and then i have left customer accepts electronic documents un ticked. Under the statement section, printing i selected email statement.

Some clients want to receive their statements while others dont, i normally use this to control which clients should get statements and who should not.

I send invoices by selecting the view, customer, print document and then i will select the first client and the last client and the current month and send invoices to all clients at once pastel normally filters the setting which clients are set up to receive the invoices, the problem is pastel is sending the invoices to clients who i have set up not to receive invoices.

I would appreciate assistance in this regard, thanking you in advance.