This topic ... a rather sensitive one for some reason.

It should be discussed more openly ... the reason I say this ... customers should know what to expect.

For example a call out fee ... if you have a fault in your house or building or factory the call out rate should be lets say R850 if its just a domestic ... I dont see why the call out fee should be a mystery.

A customer should have a good understanding of what to expect ... for example your fee is R850 ... what should they expect for that amount ... a beaten up old sedan with a roof rack and bunch of untidy semi skilled personal ?

If you charge lets say R550 for a call ... what should you expect ... a full kitted out panel van with a all the ladders and tools to do the job ... an experienced licenced sparkie with at least 5 years hand son experience ... I would think not ... but isnt that what customers expect.

Have we not created this false illusion because of small businesses who go out and charge customers silly low rates and dump unskilled staff on site and then spend 2 hours at the next ECA meeting complaining about how they cant pay the lights and water account ?