Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's resolutions

Thanks
    Blog Entries

New Year's resolutions

Its that taime of the year again. I don't have any specific resolutions, but try to apply what life teaches me. I have also learnt from my mistakes.

We all know how too much baggage can become a burden when travelling. Well, the same is true in life. Sometimes we just have to let go of things so that we can make room for more more happiness;

1. Give up your need to always be right
    ask yourself this question: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” Wayne Dyer. What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?

2. Give up your need for control
    “By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond winning.” Lao Tzu

3. Give up on blame
    Give up on your need to blame others for what you have or don’t have, for what you feel or don’t feel. Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.

4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk
    Don’t believe everything that your mind is telling you – especially if it’s negative and self-defeating. You are better than that.

“The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.” Eckhart Tolle

5. Give up your limiting beliefs
    about what you can or cannot do, about what is possible or impossible. Spread your wings and fly!

“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind” Elly Roselle

6. Give up complaining
    Give up your constant need to complain about those many, many, maaany things – people, situations, events that make you unhappy, sad and depressed. Nobody can make you unhappy, no situation can make you sad or miserable unless you allow it to. It’s not the situation that triggers those feelings in you, but how you choose to look at it. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

7. Give up the luxury of criticism
    Give up your need to criticize things, events or people that are different than you. We are all different, yet we are all the same. We all want to be happy, we all want to love and be loved and we all want to be understood. We all want something, and something is wished by us all.

8. Give up your need to impress others
    The moment you stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, the moment you take off all your masks, the moment you accept and embrace the real you, you will find people will be drawn to you, effortlessly.

9. Give up your resistance to change
    Change is good. Change will help you move from A to B. Change will help you make improvements in your life and also the lives of those around you. Follow your bliss, embrace change – don’t resist it.

10. Give up labels
    Stop labeling those things, people or events that you don’t understand as being weird or different and try opening your mind, little by little. Minds only work when open. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” Wayne Dyer

11. Give up on your fears
    Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist – you created it. It’s all in your mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place.
    “The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt

12. Give up your excuses
    A lot of times we limit ourselves because of the many excuses we use. Instead of growing and working on improving ourselves and our lives, we get stuck, lying to ourselves, using all kind of excuses – excuses that 99.9% of the time are not even real.

13. Give up the past
    The present moment is all you have and all you will ever have. The past you are now longing for – the past that you are now dreaming about – was ignored by you when it was present. Stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. After all life is a journey not a destination. Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.

14. Give up attachment
    This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp but it’s not something impossible. You get better and better at with time and practice. The moment you detach yourself from all things, (and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them – because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another, attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less, where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying. A state beyond words.

15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations
    Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live. They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them. They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling. They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives. They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need….and eventually they forget about themselves. You have one life – this one right now – you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.

Best wishes for a prosperous and peaceful 2014.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

2. Thank given for this post:

Chrisjan B (01-Jan-14), Citizen X (31-Dec-13), Dave A (03-Jan-14), KimH (02-Jan-14), Mike C (31-Dec-13), tec0 (30-Dec-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I only have one resolution:

I am going to live my life as I see fit, gather all the cheese for my clan and f-up anybody who comes near my clan or my cheese.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My new-year’s resolution is to stay out of court... “it's expensive”
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My news resolutions,

Smile, share and be grateful for what I have, look forward to new challenges and take everyday as it is presented.

Try be nice to all creatures on earth including other humans.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I'm done with all that idealistic stuff....time to gather all the cheese and get fat!

Thanks
    1. Stop Smoking M.I.P.
    2. Stop Drinking Bioplus
    3. Stop Drinking Grandpas :-) yah, i know
    4. Eat Right Again
    5. Gym Hard
    6. Put on 8kg muscle
    7. Play my best rugby yet
    8. Financial Freedom / S.E.
    9. Work smarter, not harder
    10. Make sure i persist with all my resolutions

Happy new year to everybody on TFSA and may you all succeed with your resolutions!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Do you suffer from a lot of headaches?

Thanks
    I haven’t exercised in 2 months. I feel very guilty about this. I have now committed to an exercise program. I hope to quit smoking or at the very least cut down. I plan to eat very healthy this year
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Vanash, just toss the cigarettes out the window and don't think about them again... mind over matter!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    @Vanash, just toss the cigarettes out the window and don't think about them again... mind over matter!
    I really wish that it was that simple...I'm looking at buying a product called 'quit spray.'
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast