Thread: Magento website developers - idea on price?

Silver Member
    Thanks

Magento website developers - idea on price?

I would like to get a new site going and it seems Magneto is the way forward. Eventually I would like to have one main site with certain products being duplicated on smaller, more specific sites. So 1 main sports sites, with duplication on a hockey,rugby,darts ect.

Any idea regarding price would be great and can anyone recomend website developers?

Thanks
    Have you looked at prestashop? They have a lot of options.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    yeah prestashop also looks good - many of there sites got hacked recently though. I am at the point though, that if I had spent as much time at looking at ecomerce soloutions, and spent the time uploading and maintaining my current sites, I am sure I would be doing a lot better!!!

Anyway, have just come back from holiday and decided that I have procasternated enough on this project. Sieze the day and all that....

Thanks
    How about having your existing website as a landing page with a couple of exciting special offers, notices of sport meetings and results, photo galleries etc.
    Then link it to other pages for the different categories with all the details and prices for the products you intend selling?

Like most sites have a products list and each product has a seperate area with all the details.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi wynn

The maxsport site is just a basic site for the local shops and will change that to a static html site. I have other sites running on cubecart - the better ones are dartsdirect.co.za and hockeydirect.co.za.

What a REALLY need to do is actually spend more time updating/adding to them, and less time looking for the next best ecom solution TBO.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    btw

Have settled on opencart, even bought a decent template for the whopping price of $20.........last of the big spenders here! Looked at to many comments with "magento has a steep learning curve" and you need to jack up your server.

And it does multi-shops, have no clue how that works, lol...took me 3 uploads and about 4 hours just to get the template to work (and even that I am not sure if it's working 100%)

oh well, early days.

Thanks
    Pap sak, Let us know if you get the SEO working. I am considering moving to presta shop as the SEO seems to be better. Our way around it is to set up a blog with links back to the shop. Google picks up blog entries in 15 minutes.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    hi Ian, will do - I think it's a case of modifying the .htacess file....or

paying $10 and using this http://www.opencart.com/index.php?ro...path=20&page=5

Will hand over the cash and see if it works!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Pap sak, Let us know if you get the SEO working. I am considering moving to presta shop as the SEO seems to be better. Our way around it is to set up a blog with links back to the shop. Google picks up blog entries in 15 minutes.
    Tried to get it working - then handed over to a guy devloper in Nepal to play with (hence my problems with Paypal and FNB!) - seems the seo is now working, will have to play with some cat, product names to get it too make some more sense.

But so far I like the "look" and seems pretty easy to navigate, way more powerfull than cubecart

www.sportdirect.co.za

google has pretty much thrown me out it's directory it seems! lol, I am sure they will let me back in sometime...