Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advertising and sales promotion that vie for your attention

Thanks
    Adverts that vied for my attention from 26 February to date.

Where I can’t remember the entire jingle or slogan I’ll just state what I can in actual fact really remember. So there will be some blanks!

It would be futile and senseless to the ‘thought experiment,’ if I somehow searched for the missing jingle/slogan.

Incidentally these slogans are made especially for radio media houses so the jingle is very unlikely available anywhere else such as a google search for instance.

1. FNB: 702: “Are you smart..stay safe. FNB fraud prevention tips
    2. Wheely:702: “Selling your car sucks. Rather wheely it. Your car is worth more and so is your beauty sleep. Instead of wheeling your car and getting a great deal you sold it to your uncle. Your car is worth more and so is your family. Wheely.co.za
    3. Discovery:702
    4. Crazystore:702: “Come in with a little and leave with a lot. …..
    5. Josephs incorporated: 702: “ Josephs has an impeccable record. Don’t settle for less. Medical malpractice is a complex field…Medicine and law fused…
    6. Simply Asia: 702: “Authentic Thai made simple.”
    7. …….702: Sometimes love can make you feel like you’ve been run over by a car.
    8. We Buy Bakkies: 702: “Thank you for making We buy bakkies your first choice Single cabs, double cabs and supercabs.”
    9. We buy cars: 702: “You want to get the best deal without hassle. Webuycars.co.za
    10. Lebona:702
    11. Nivea:702
    12. Telkom blue bargain: 702: “Samsung A71 R349 per month. Buy one before
    13. Momentum Life Insurance: 702: “Are you listening to your car…Get the most(I know this one is wrong!! That's what came to mind)
    14. Momemtum:702: What will happen to your plans and dreams if you lose your income……What’s more you get to choose type of payment.
    15. Dischem: 702: “ Spectacular savings at beauty fair. Dischem pharmacists who care.”
    16. African bank: 702: “We are you.”
    17. Outsurance:702:”Sms out to 38350. The sms’s are free.”
    18. ??? “Take the magic further. The more cards you collect, the more cards you unlock
    19. Bedbathhome.co.za:702: “……We just unpacked canvas linen
    20. BMW: 702:“There’s new ways to buy BMW
    21. FNB app:702:…….
    22. …….:702:.”Imagine a house or apartment you could be living in. Don’t miss out again.”

702 app: this is new to me.

1. ABSA insights
    2. Amazon: “ Earn money with Amazon. Increase your potential profits

Trucks (moving billboards)

1. Spartan truck hire
    2. MSC
    3. Tropika
    4. Sunbake
    5. DSTV
    6. Eagles valley Poultry
    7. Supersoft
    8. Bigfoot Express freight. www.bigfootexpressfreight.co.za
    9. Sasko
    10. Blakelin
    11. Ram
    12. Regnet nothing
    13. www.stobel.co.za
    14. Optimal drain solutions
    15. Aramex
    16. Don’t drink and drive
    17. Douglasdale
    18. Capol
    19. Albany
    20. Costal Couriers
    21. Proudly Academy

Youtube

1. Showmax

TheForumSa

1. Pizza Perfect
    Last edited by Citizen X; 01-Mar-21 at 02:56 PM.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is why a company name or product name is crucial.

If you are listening to the advert, and it sparks your interest, then the product name becomes important. Rattling out a phone number or web page is lost to me, I am concentrating on that damn taxi in front of me who has his hazards on, WTF is he going to do next.....ohhh what was that name again?

I have a short memory, and will not memorize the phone number or web page.
    The other may be such an unusual name then I have to memorise it because I am interested in what there is to offer, eg 'Eucerin' skin products. Had to memorise it to remember it.

However if the product name is meaningful, in the sense it describes what the product offers, then I will be able to recall the name later when i have a chance to make a search on the web.
    See Citizen X's examples, many of the adverts name says what it does. Wheelie
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

3. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (01-Mar-21)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post

If you are listening to the advert, and it sparks your interest, then the product name becomes important. Rattling out a phone number or web page is lost to me, I am concentrating on that damn taxi in front of me who has his hazards on, WTF is he going to do next.....ohhh what was that name again?

The other may be such an unusual name then I have to memorise it because I am interested in what there is to offer, eg 'Eucerin' skin products. Had to memorise it to remember it.

However if the product name is meaningful, in the sense it describes what the product offers, then I will be able to recall the name later when i have a chance to make a search on the web.
    I am the same, I can't read lots of text while I drive. I think the best is actually a short URL rather than a short name. If I can remember the URL then I will go and look it up. The other side of advertising on vehicles is that if the vehicle is driven by a twat one tends to remember the company negatively. I phoned Pick n Pay once because one of their vehicles was being driven recklessly. I got a call back from the regional manager and I forwarded the dashcam video to him.

I think that advertising on vehicles is not a good idea for a small business due to the risk of being remembered for any driving offense - come on...we all drive like twats in this country - some vehicles are just more memorable.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen X View Post
    Adverts that vied for my attention from 26 February to date.

Where I can’t remember the entire jingle or slogan I’ll just state what I can in actual fact really remember. So there will be some blanks!

It would be futile and senseless to the ‘thought experiment,’ if I somehow searched for the missing jingle/slogan.

Incidentally these slogans are made especially for radio media houses so the jingle is very unlikely available anywhere else such as a google search for instance.

1. FNB: 702: “Are you smart..stay safe. FNB fraud prevention tips
    2. Wheely:702: “Selling your car sucks. Rather wheely it. Your car is worth more and so is your beauty sleep. Instead of wheeling your car and getting a great deal you sold it to your uncle. Your car is worth more and so is your family. Wheely.co.za
    3. Discovery:702
    4. Crazystore:702: “Come in with a little and leave with a lot. …..
    5. Josephs incorporated: 702: “ Josephs has an impeccable record. Don’t settle for less. Medical malpractice is a complex field…Medicine and law fused…
    6. Simply Asia: 702: “Authentic Thai made simple.”
    7. …….702: Sometimes love can make you feel like you’ve been run over by a car.
    8. We Buy Bakkies: 702: “Thank you for making We buy bakkies your first choice Single cabs, double cabs and supercabs.”
    9. We buy cars: 702: “You want to get the best deal without hassle. Webuycars.co.za
    10. Lebona:702
    11. Nivea:702
    12. Telkom blue bargain: 702: “Samsung A71 R349 per month. Buy one before
    13. Momentum Life Insurance: 702: “Are you listening to your car…Get the most(I know this one is wrong!! That's what came to mind)
    14. Momemtum:702: What will happen to your plans and dreams if you lose your income……What’s more you get to choose type of payment.
    15. Dischem: 702: “ Spectacular savings at beauty fair. Dischem pharmacists who care.”
    16. African bank: 702: “We are you.”
    17. Outsurance:702:”Sms out to 38350. The sms’s are free.”
    18. ??? “Take the magic further. The more cards you collect, the more cards you unlock
    19. Bedbathhome.co.za:702: “……We just unpacked canvas linen
    20. BMW: 702:“There’s new ways to buy BMW
    21. FNB app:702:…….
    22. …….:702:.”Imagine a house or apartment you could be living in. Don’t miss out again.”

702 app: this is new to me.

1. ABSA insights
    2. Amazon: “ Earn money with Amazon. Increase your potential profits

Trucks (moving billboards)

1. Spartan truck hire
    2. MSC
    3. Tropika
    4. Sunbake
    5. DSTV
    6. Eagles valley Poultry
    7. Supersoft
    8. Bigfoot Express freight. www.bigfootexpressfreight.co.za
    9. Sasko
    10. Blakelin
    11. Ram
    12. Regnet nothing
    13. www.stobel.co.za
    14. Optimal drain solutions
    15. Aramex
    16. Don’t drink and drive
    17. Douglasdale
    18. Capol
    19. Albany
    20. Costal Couriers
    21. Proudly Academy

Youtube

1. Showmax

TheForumSa

1. Pizza Perfect
    Dang.....I can't even remember what I had for breakfast...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post

This is called branding. So important for a sustainable business. Especially in the poorer and rural communities, they rely on reputable brands that they can trust. Brands to them are so important that they will not remove the labels from quality clothing, so that people can see. Names are embedded. They may buy any washing powder, but still ask for Surf etc.

In marketing, like in all walks of life, first impressions are important. What comes to mind when you mention BMW, Toyota or Telkom or Microsoft? That is how an image and a brand is built and that is what matters. It applies to individuals too. What is your brand and what do people first think of when your name is mentioned? Remember that as a small business, you are the business. So polish that marble!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Dang.....I can't even remember what I had for breakfast...

You not the only one! Whilst brushing on various skills, I’m also trying to improve memory.

Besides I don’t necessarily remember what I recalled a week ago.

With the benefit of hindsight I realize that memorizing scripture is a good technique for improving memory. The Bible has some 750000 words in it. There was a time when I knew about 100000 of them. Regrettably this is no longer the case. I strive to improve though.

Adverts that vied for my attention today

Please don’t laugh at my various blanks. My recollection may also yield incorrectly spelled brands.

I still don’t watch television. I have an added reason today. Robert W Gordon a critical legal studies scholar.

1. Liberty: 702
    2. Harambi:702: Youth employment excellerator,
    3. Dischem: 702:Spectacular saving
    4. Outsurance: 702: “You were pressured by those other guys. Your car is worth more and so is your beauty sleep,
    5. Outsurance:702:-
    6. African Bank: 702: “Invest now at Africanbank.co.za
    7. FNB’s first zero account. Helping you find your better normal.”
    8. FNB:702: “Hey search, how do I get a business phone. Free FNB connects them. Stop search. FNB is a division of First Rand Limited
    9. ABSA:702: “ABSA corporate and investment Banking. Standing with our clients through all their ups and downs. That’s “Africanicity.”
    10. Momentum:702:Get the most flexible lump sum. Momentum here for your journey to success.”
    11. Topwatch: 702:”at topwatch we’ve come to know that it’s a sound. Visit topwatch.com. Shop online or visit one of our branches.”
    12. Zero Accounting:702:
    13. AAA School of Advertsing:702: “Apply today to AAA.co.za
    14. “You may less income tax. Speak to your financial advisor.”
    15. Sage:702:”In these uncertain times managing information…enable compliance
    16. Metrofile:702:”How can I convert important files to Digital.” Metrofile.co.za

702 App

1. Firstcheck:702:”Buying a new car is tough. Firstcheck. Now you know. Visit Firstcheck.co.za
    2. Nike
    3. Showmax

Trucks

1. Babore
    2. Liebnore Logistics
    3. South African inland logistics
    4. Yellowtech
    5. Waste management
    6. Field Services
    7. Digimark
    8. Dawn Wing
    9. South African logistics

Adverts on products

1. Truda:Go Slows:BBQ
    2. Voom
    3. Autotrader”get practical search autotrader
    4. FNB:Topping to pay
    5. Spar:”The lower than lower sale.”

Newspapers!

1. Comfy Beds. Queen storage base. Comfybeds.co.za
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Advertising and sales promotion that vied for my attention 2 March 2021 to 3 March 2021

1. 702..”Proving that a setback can lead to step forward.”
    2. Momentum.702” Suffering an illness, sickness or disability.”
    3. “Budget Blues.I love spending money, I really hate wasting it.”” 702.
    4. Spur
    5. Cash Build.702.”If you renovated your house last year…”
    6. AAA School of Advertising.702.”Apply today to AAA.co.za
    7. Santam Insurance.702. “If your car is spending more time at home…”
    8. African Bank: 702:”We are you.”
    9. Outsurance:702: “If you feeling the squeeze its time to get a quote from Outsurance. The sms’s are free.”
    10. ….702:”You may pay less income tax. Speak to your financial advisor.”
    11. …”With parallel demand.”702.
    12. Sage:702: sage.co.za “You may pay less income tax. Speak to your financial advisor.”
    13. Metro File.702: “In these uncertain times managing information/enable compliance..” “How can I convert important files to digital?” metrofile.co.za
    14. “DBO.co.za.702: “It’s easier to say a lot without saying anything. To learn more
    15. Momentum:702: “get the most flexible lifestyle solution. Here for your journey to success.”
    16. Continental Linen:702: “Hi I’m Haley Khan. We’ve just unpacked. Bedbathhome.co.za
    17. Fish restaurant, Pannarotties, Spur
    18. “His beast of a bakkie is hibernating at home.”
    19. “Selling your car is a pain, it can drive you insane.”702…
    20. Old Mutual:702: ‘Fire, theft, mechanical failure.”
    21. Outsurance: “I want you to be happy today.” Sms out to 3850

Trucks(moving Billboards)

1. Garden’s limited
    2. Bakers Limited
    3. Lorendor
    4. Peters
    5. Dynamic services
    6. Sneaker Snacks
    7. Quality Teams
    8. Mini Moves
    9. Tiny Files
    10. FP Du Toit
    11. EDE Logistics
    12. One
    13. Trucks Vector
    14. Rtt Intelligent Logistics
    15. Spar Styrene
    16. BMG
    17. Nulaid
    18. Kwawasaki
    19. Master Chip
    20. Hop Scotch
    21. “For less.”…Beetroot
    22. Lancet
    23. Pelaro Cheese factory
    24. Baked Simba
    25. Seli
    26. Independent construction
    27. Keep projects moving
    28. Baloi Taxi Services
    29. Box Boys
    30. Master Chip
    31. Hop Scotch
    32. Gauteng Emergency Services
    33. U pay Less

Brands that just caught my attention

1. Capitec

1. Amazon:702
    2. Capol
    3. Dynamic cash back
    4. FNB: “Stop searching searching. FNB helping you find your better normal.”
    5. Youtube.” Get unlimited music.” Youtubemusic
    6. Lovenewtech.co.za
    7. TheForumSa:Spec savers:"free Single Vision Prescription Sunglasses up to R3000. Specsavers"+

Advertising on a product

1. Truda: Go-slows
    2. Kingsley Cola Zero
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You need to get a real hobby....and a Ad blocker.... I hardly ever see any ads online

Thanks
    Advertising and sales promotion that vied for my attention 4 March 2021

1. We Buy Bakkies:702:Selling to We buy bakkies is safe and convenient.”
    2. Continental linen:702: Hi I’m Haly Kahn. We just unpacked beach towels. Don’t pay high prices when you can get things for a bargain. Don’t pay high prices. Canvas laundry bins R300(I think)
    3. Mulichoice
    4. …702isney:”Take the magic even further. Collect all 50 cards and let the magic begin.
    5. Dischem: “Pharmacies who care”
    6. Sasria:702:”Sasria’s unique cover.”When things go bad, sasria makes good.” Saria.co.za
    7. Momentum:702: “What will happen to your plans and dreams if you get an illness, injury or disability?
    8. Cash Build: 702:”Your kitchen and bathroom…”
    9. Little Eden Society702:”Little Eden needs your help.”
    10. Outsurance:702:”Remember to sms “out,” to38350.”
    11. Topwatch:702:”Beutifully crafted time pieces.”
    12. Outsurance.702:” Add sunshine to your lives

Trucks(Moving billboards)

1. Gold Flight Academy
    2. Inter Flight
    3. Kruger and Du Toit Attorneys
    4. Pick n Pay
    5. Shoprite
    6. Boxer
    7. Spec Savers
    8. Spar Tops
    9. Maesk
    10. MTN
    11. Vans
    12. Levi
    13. FP Du Toit
    14. KLC
    15. Eagles valley Poultry
    16. Qulazi
    17. Pioneer
    18. Afrox
    19. H M
    20. Hyno Isando

Advertising on products

1.OMO
    2.Sunlight
    3.Matches
    4Peter Stuyvesant
    5.Dun Hill
    6.Pall Mall

Other

1. Ackermans Pharmacy
    2. USN
      1. Pycho Mass
      2. Insane Whey
      3. Freak Mass

3. Huggies
    4. Levi
    5. Pampers
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Suspended
    Thanks
    I love watching advertisements because I love the creativity that is poured unto them. However, what I am not comfortable are those that have out of this world crazy concepts. I opt not to drop any brand names for safety.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast