Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugby anyone?

Thanks

Rugby anyone?

Just want to find out if there is a reason this forum has no Rugby category? Would love to share comments on the new bok coach.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think "general chat" is a good place for posts like that
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz View Post
    Just want to find out if there is a reason this forum has no Rugby category?
    Then someone will want a cricket category.
    And we'll need to add a soccer category.
    Then netball, hockey, water polo, horse jumping, bowls, jukskei...

Here's my offer - if there ever ends up being a fair bit of discussion on sports - any sports, on the site, I might open up a sports forum in the Social category. As it is there's a few white elephant forums that might get archived one day.

Anyhow - you were saying about the new bok coach?
    I'm all ears eyes.

Thanks
    Fair comment Dave.

I am not a Bulls Supporter, but I quite pleased to see that SARU have appointed a coach with pedigree. I am hopefull that he will do great things and bring Springbok rugby back to where it belongs - at No. 1. He has achieved quite a bit and is young and dynamic to take us to the top. I think most bokke Supporters are still feeling the pain of loss at the WC, and HM's appointment gives us more than hope! Can't wait for the rugby season to start this month.

Thanks
    I might be mistaken, but to me it seems his appointment has gone down fairly quiet with not too much public debate. To me this means most people believe he is the right man for the job. I wish him well. Hope to see the Bokke at no.1 again.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Personally I do not think that Div did a bad job - its all very well saying we bombed at the world cup, but there were "extinguating" circumstances to that as well. I was one of those that thought it was good to keep the older boys going into the world cup, but maybe it was not such a good idea in which case then yes div didnt plan it properly, but that is easy to say after the WC. I think I also would have kept the older players - that last game we played with bryce lawrence the prick as the ref was an absolute disaster - if we had not had him as the ref and if we had played a little bit with more gusto I think we could have gone thro and won the WC then making Div a hero, but that was not to be so its easy to blame the coach ! As for Heyneke Meyer - I am not a bulls fan, but he has done a good job with them a year or two ago and has the credentials. He speaks well and is a strong guy. I just hope he does not bring back the older guys like Matfield who are great players, but need to move on now. We need to give him a chance - I think it must be one of the worst jobs in SA. You are a hero if you win and an asshole if they lose.

Thanks
    I have a different view on the whole Bryce Lawrence debacle. Yes, he did make horrific decisions at times, but many people blame him for the loss. I believe the Aussies outplayed us in any case, even though it hurts to say it. To me it felt that they wanted the win more than we did, played with more heart and stopped us from getting through all all cost.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes they outplayed us in the rucks and mauls, because BL allowed them to blatantly contravene the laws, when the Springboks tried this they were blown for penalties.

In any case under no circumstances should a NZ referee been selected for this game, as the implications of being biased were to great, and the performance of BL is testament to this.
    Another point in question was the inconsistency of the refereeing, it was not the same for both sides, at at time at crucial points of the match.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A Sports Forum sounds good!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    And tonight it kicks off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast