Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hilti machine servicing

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Hilti machine servicing

Before I start ... Hilti makes a really good product.

I have been buying Hilti product since I started my bussiness 30 years ago ... I still own most of them ... the older TE6 battery machine were replaced with the newer model machine due to battery technology improving.

I dont believe Hilti discounts are structured to encourange small bussiness with a hand ful of employees ... as a small bussiness you pay around 35 % higher prices than companies with large staff numbers. (please feel free to set the record straight) ... but hey we pay the price because we want the quality product ... and the backup service.

which brings me to why I started this thread ... I noticed the Hilti website wasnt working this weekend ... but it is back online ... I am assuming it has something to do with new T&C's which have just been uploaded.

If you buy HIlti product ... best you read the new T&C's

HOW SOON CAN I GET MY TOOL REPAIRED
    Unique speed - 3-day repair or Free*

Tried and true repair process: 1 day to collect Hilti tool, 1 day to repair it and 1 day to deliver it
    3-days starts the day after the receipt of approval for the repair. If it takes longer than 3 business days, your repair is free of charge
    Smooth, on-site pick-up and delivery, thanks to our strong partnerships with trusted carriers
    Only the best will do: repairs are done by highly skilled, trained and certified Hilti technicians
    Exclusive use of genuine Hilti spare parts.
    T&Cs apply.

WHAT WILL BE THE COST OF THE REPAIR OF MY TOOL
    Unique Warranty - 2 Years** Free Repair

In the event of a breakdown, we repair your Hilti tool free of charge for 2 years** after the date of purchase (including wear and tear).
    After the 2 years warranty period, take advantage of our repair packages with a capped amount After any out-of-warranty repair (package or quote), benefit from an additional 3 month no cost coverage on the tool.
    Manufacturer's warranty: 20 years warranty against parts and manufacturer irregularities as long as we service the tool.
    T&Cs apply.
    HOW DO YOUR REPAIRS ENABLE YOU TO SAVE TIME
    Unique simplicity - 1 click or call for support

No registration of your tools or proof of purchase is ever required
    Contact us on 0800023331 or via our website
    Tracking the status of the repair on our website. Simplicity - 1 click or call for support.
    REQUEST YOUR REPAIR ONLINE
    Hilti Tool Service - 3-DAYS OR FREE
    CONDITIONS FOR REIMBURSEMENT *:
    *Unique Speed. 3 or Free

3-days or free is applicable for Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban in metropolitan areas
    All other metropolitan areas in South Africa will be 5-days or free since transportation takes longer (Cape Town & Bloemfontein outlying areas and outskirt deliveries not included in any time promise).
    Heavy Diamond tools (wall saws, wire saws), high-end concrete detection tools are not included.
    Weekend and public holidays are not included.
    Customer delays not included (no phone answer, nobody to receive tool etc.)
    More than 10 tool repair approvals at once not included (Bulk repairs)
    Customers whose credit is blocked due to finance issues are not included.
    Force Majeure events not included.
    T&Cs apply.

Hilti Tool Service Terms and Conditions

1. Hilti Tool Service

If a defect occurs with a Hilti tool, Hilti will take care of it quickly, professionally and completely free of charge for up to 2 years from the date of purchase.

After that we continue to prove the quality of our products by putting a limit on what a repair can cost – for the lifetime of the tool – that is the entire estimated lifecycle of a Hilti tool.

We even provide you a 20 years manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturing defects. That’s not just reassuring to know, it’s unique in this field.

2. Speed promise

We will return your tool in three working days or the repair is free. Any repairs which are returned to you after three days will be free of charge.

To qualify for the speed promise, tool repair orders must be notified to Hilti via Customer Services or online between the hours of [8 am-4 pm] and the tools must be ready for prompt collection. Tools left at a Hilti Store will be collected the following working day. Day 1 of the speed promise is the day the tool is collected for straight repairs and if a customer needs a quotation, then Day 1 starts from the moment we received a purchase order and proof of payment.

All tools must be returned to Hilti individually, to enable individual tracking per tool and serial number. The speed promise does not apply to tools that are packaged and returned to Hilti together.

3. No repair costs for up to 2 years!

For up to an initial two-year period, starting from the date the tool was originally purchased from Hilti, all repairs will be provided to the customer free of charge.

This includes:

Pick-up and transportation costs
    Labor costs
    Faulty parts and parts subject to wear and tear
    Servicing when indicated by the service indicator on the tool
    Functional check, adjustment and safety check
    Return transportation
    Our service types are:

Premium

Two Years No cost
    Three months repair warranty after any paid repair.
    Repair Cost Limit - After the 2 years warranty period, take advantage of our repair packages with a capped amount
    Manufacturer's warranty for twenty years.

Entry and Basic Tools

The Entry and Basic Tool Offering consist of a carefully selected tool pool designed to address most straightforward applications. With this offering, the aim is to provide customers with an essential and differentiated tool service experience.
    Entry

One Year No cost
    Three months repair warranty after any paid repair.
    Repair Cost Limit - After one year, a customer will pay a maximum 30% of the standard selling price of the corresponding new tool for repairs.
    Entry Tools are:

12 Volt batteries, chargers, and Screwdrivers.
    TE 1
    TE 30 AVR
    TE 50
    TE 50 AVR
    TE 800
    TE 500
    DX 2
    POL15
    Including all corded Screwdrivers

Basic:

Six months No cost period for all grinders except cordless and AG 115 series
    Three months repair warranty.
    Repair Cost Limit - After six months, the customer will pay a maximum of 30% of the standard selling price of the corresponding new tool for repairs.
    Exceptions

AG 115 series, petrol-powered cut off saws and UD 4 are excluded from any type of services because they are self-maintenance.

4. Repair cost limit

After the expiration of the initial no-cost period, Hilti sets a repair cost limit for the entire life of the tool.
    For repairs requested by the customer outside of the initial no-cost period, the customer will be charged at a maximum of 40% of the standard selling price of the corresponding new tool. If the cost of the repair remains below this limit, you only pay the actual cost.
    For 3 months after every functional repair you pay for, you benefit from the same free-of-charge service as with a new tool (repair extension).
    The repair cost limit applies for the lifetime of the tool, provided all repairs are carried out by Hilti.

5. Manufacturer’s warranty

Hilti will repair or replace, free of charge in 20 years after purchase, all tools that suffer defects as a result of:

Faulty materials
    Manufacturing faults
    As long as the tool has been serviced by Hilti according to manufacturer’s guidelines.

6. Auto Repair Service:

Cash Customers: Hilti shall send a quotation offer to the Customer and shall only start repair after receiving Customer approval and Proof of Payment.
    Credit Customers: The Customer agrees that any repair of products equal or below to R650.00 (excl VAT and freight) does not require a quotation for pre-approval, and Hilti will repair directly upon receipt of such products, and invoice the Customer accordingly. For any repair above R650.00(excl VAT and freight), Hilti shall send a quotation offer to the Customer and shall only start repair after receiving Customer approval.”
    7. General and exclusions

All accessories are excluded. Pistons and buffers in direct fastening tools and plates for sanders and filters for vacuum cleaners and gas saws are not covered by Hilti Tool Service. Repair or replacement cost of these items shall be at the customers’ expense.
    The start date of all warranties is the delivery date of the tool to the customer from Hilti.

Some tools are excluded from the Hilti Tool Services coverage described above, including:

1. Tools that are not used for their intended purpose, in strict compliance with the operating instructions and other instructions issued by Hilti.

2. The repair cost limit and 3-month repair extension do not apply to batteries and chargers. Batteries and chargers will be exchanged rather than repaired within the no-cost period for up to two years.

Exclusions apply to the speed promise, including the following:

High-end detection tools, Heavy diamond tools (Wire and wall saws)
    Special equipment / non-standard list items and phased out tools
    Battery
    Charger
    All accessories and consumables ( like diamond core bits)
    Self-repair tools like UD4 & AG115-D & AG115-S
    Tools repairs which need specific clarification from the customer to complete the repair
    Tools which have been returned to Hilti for a repair quote request, time starts after receiving PO & PP
    Deliveries which are denied, refused or rescheduled by the customer
    Notifications with different collection and delivery addresses.
    Tools which are shipped as dangerous goods
    Repairs collected from the customer by a third party not instructed by Hilti authorized carrier
    Any tools which have not been sold by Hilti South Africa.
    All metropolitan areas in Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Durban is applicable for 3 Days or Free, all other metropolitan areas are valid for 5 days or free. Outlying areas in Cape Town & Bloemfontein and other outskirts areas are not included in any time promise.
    Items which never received a serial number from Hilti
    Customers whose credit is blocked due to finance issues are not included.
    Bulk deliveries or approvals; over 10 tools from one customer at a time
    Pallet pick-ups
    Days when Hilti Tool Service Centre is not operational due to holidays or other special occasions
    Deliveries which are delayed by a Force Majeure event
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So I sent in a machine for a service (repack the grease and replace brushes) ... R200 courier before you wipe the shyte out your eyes ... R1000 for the service ... you pay they service and return the machine ... I get the machine back in a worse condition than It was when I sent it to them ... I take pics and post them on their facebook pages ... I am told to return the machine so they can try again ... I decide against it ... instead I clean the machine myself and pack it away.

A couple months ago I decide to send it back ... this machine was not used since I got it back in that condition.

I get a quote R200 courier fee again ... but this time its R2200.00 to service the same machine ... with an attached list faulty parts ... coils which need to be repalced etc.

4 weeks later I ge ta call from Hilti enquiring about the quote ... I decline the quote ... 6 weeks later I start posting pictures of the condition of the machine a sit was reutrned ... on their facebook page (which I am told have been removed because I am making them look bad)

So I decide it is time to compile a report and send it to their head office in Germany ... so I contact them and request an email address for the MD in Germany so that I can send the report I am told they cannot do it as it has to go through channels her ein SA first ... so my call is escalated to the service centre manager.

Cut a long story short ... my machine is returned with what I assume is a standard test certificate no XXXXXX

I open the carry case and to my surprise ... the machine and case is covered in red oil ... so I post the pic on their facebook page and since been told that they will be removing all my posts and comments agian because I am making them look bad ... they should remove all the bad reviews on their page if they dont want to look bad

I am told they are horrified by how I am being treated and the fact that the machine is bascially destroyed by the oil ... they have offered a few options I will keep you posted.

But it not as simple as you think ... I have all the attachements which fit on the machine which are no longer compatible with the new machines.

If you are a bussiness owner and use the Hilti service centre to collect/service and return your machines to site ... I would strongly advise that you at least do spot checks on the machines when they are returned to verify that the machine has actually been serviced and checked ... just because there certificate with the persons name on it ... is not worth the paper it is printed on.

I am going to wait and see how they plan to resolve this issue ... if I am not happy ... I am going to put it back in the store room and send it back to HIlti again in the next 2 years and see what they quote to repair will be ... this could get interesting.

The replacement cost of this machine and kit is around R33 000.00 including vat ... not small change for a small bussiness
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    We only use Hilti tools and have from Laser levels to dill machines , chasing tools , jack hammers , vacuum cleaners etc.
    We run on the Hilti asset manager and have 84 Hilti items listed
    We have had no problems with the repairs of tools , collection or delivery.
    When we send in we stipulate the amount the can repair for without approval.
    Once machines go past the initial 2 years there are repair charges - There are also tools that become obsolete and they do a trade in.

The way I understand it you can delivery the tool to the branch and collect the tool from the branch and there will be no collection fee. We find it easier to scan and tap the tool for collection from the office .
    Like any company there are slips here and there which in our experience have been minimal - Any time there has been a problem the problems are sorted quickly and efficiently .I cannot complain

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    WOW ... 3 trips back to HIlti ... 2 months later ... over R3000's (no thats not an extra 0) worth oil changing and cleaning ... I get a quote for R128 apprently its just needs a new O-ring.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I got the machine back this afternoon ... I am so F$%^&*^%$%^& en angry ... sent the pics of the oil in the case again ... but when the customer services person contacted ... I actually told them I couldnt speak because I am so angry and might say something that will get me into trouble.

I have left a message with Hilti Germany and waitng for their response and at the same time compiling a report with all the documentation and photos of the fiasco.

Hilti policy is the repair is free after 3 days ... its been more 60 days and 3 return trips to the service centre and they still havent got it right..

It seems Hilti policies dont apply to Hilti South Africa ... they advertise 20 year support and backup service for their machines ... some of my machines havent reached 20 years and yet I am told the they are regarded as obsolete and therefore no longer supoorted by Hilti Sa and this was directly from Hilti management in Springfield Durban ... I am told technology improves so suck it up and dump the old machines they are not interested.

What do we learn from this ... when someone tells you their product has a longer than 10 year warranty ... its all bullshyte ...its because the fall rate of companies is more than is 98 % after 10 years .. the chance that you would challenge their 20 year warranty is literally impossible ... but some of us do and you get a kick in the teeth for supporting them for a I have supported HIlti for close to maybe even more than 30 years. Back all those years ago it was UPat VS Hilti ... I still have Hilti machine which have outlived the 20 years support and understand that and cant expect them to still service them.

As I mentioned to Hilti mangement ... I have been supporting hilti longer than any staff member has even worked for Hilti ... It is absolutely disgusting.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I wonder what happened to Rose ... she was the top customer services lady at Hilti ... full of promises.

Unfortunetely her phone has gone dead ... i am wondering if she has not removed from her position or just become another stat at Hilti ... Hilti has the highest staff turnaover of any any company I have ever dealt ... could this be why their service centre is lacking in skilled employees ?

2 month later and still no word on how they plan fix this fiasco ... they had 3 attempts at repairing the machine (at no cost) I have been very patient with them ... They did offer a free machine ... but it doesnt help that I replace the machine ... then have to spend R15 000.00 buying the repalcement attachments ... when I have all the attachemtn which work fine .. but then turns out that Rose didnt have the authority to offer a replacement machine ... becuase I am just a one man operation and only own about R150 000.00 worth of HIlti products.

Apparently all the pictures and information around this fiasco has been removed from their site and I am "blocked" because I am making them look bad.

I need to compile a report and start posting it on every single article that pops up on social media ... create it in such a manner that this big company is "bullying" this poor little one man business.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

#hiltiservicesucks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Start by making complaints on hellopeter
    Do a search for where to complain on consumer sites.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    All I want is my TE 7 to be in working order ... I replaced the 2 x 3.9 amp batteries (they have about 50 cycles each) which means they should last another 6 -8 years.

I dont want a new machine ... there was nothing wrong with my machine to start with ... I just want my machine to work like it did before they serviced it.

What I dont understand ... the machine is returned with a visual and functional test certificate ... maybe they should leave the machine in the workshop for a couple days to make sure they fixed it properly ... I really dont care anymore ... they can keep it for a month if thats what they need ... they keep trying to fix it for free so the 3 day free service has no value.

I sent Germany HQ a message ... they not interested either ... they dont even response to the message I sent them.

I suppose this is what happens when you are a small fish swimming in a big pond

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TE 7 with batteries?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    TE7 A ... with 2 x 3.9 amp batteries ... vacuum attachement ... replacement chuck

The product is discontinued ... however Hilti has a 20 year support policy ... however some products they dont support past 10 years ... so I was told by management ... I am sure ther eis something in the small print.

This is the replacement machine ... non of the attachements from the TE7A fit the TE6 ... now you have to replace all the attachements.

https://www.hilti.co.za/c/CLS_POWER_..._7124/r4694033

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast