Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNB Vehicle license disc renewal

Diamond Member
    Thanks

FNB Vehicle license disc renewal

Trying out the FNB app ... FNB charge R199 ...and apparently contract it out.

Sent document required ... copy of ID and proof of residence.

6 October 2021 - payment received
    12 October 202 - license disc at the traffic department
    !!! license dealyed
    20 October - license successfully renewed
    now we wait for it to be delivered.

Best you start the process a month in advance ... I started sweating today ... there are many private consultants who will do it for you in a day or 2 ... maybe cost a little more but way more efficient.

I need to do a change of ownership from the bank to my name ... thats gonna be an interesting task ... considering I settled the vehicle 4 years ago.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We do it directly via the City Of Cape Town website - We get the disc in the mail 2 weeks later!

Why are you paying FNB - I bet you can do it directly as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post

I need to do a change of ownership from the bank to my name ... thats gonna be an interesting task ... considering I settled the vehicle 4 years ago.
    First step is to get the registration papers of the vehicle from the bank.
    They do not automatically send you the papers when the vehicle is fully paid.
    You need to request them.

You should already be the owner of the vehicle on the registration paper.
    It does not matter if the bank is the titleholder, as long as the papers show you as the owner, you do not need to do anything else.

Just the fact that you have the papers in your possession is proof enough that the vehicle is fully paid for.
    There's no way any bank will release those documents if there is still one cent owing on the vehicle.

Peace out .. Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have all the documentation signed ... I am not sure if it is still valid ... in fact I have had them for the past 4 years ... just havent got around to going to the licensing department to do change of ownership.

With all the crap that is going on ... it came up in a chat about what if ... something happened to me ... we were discussing wills ... bank accounts ... properties ... vehicles etc.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    We do it directly via the City Of Cape Town website - We get the disc in the mail 2 weeks later!

Why are you paying FNB - I bet you can do it directly as well.
    I dont live in Cape town ... I live where the system is so F%^&d up that you pay R600 to jump ques to get into home affairs otherwise you are there for 3 days ... you need a envelope with a R1000 in to make sure the kids pass drivers licenses ... it is highly unlikely ... but I will find out ... I know standard bank has a branch which does it ... but apparently its always off line.

Thanks
    @Ian

Just check the registration paper to see if you are not already the owner, in which case it will not be necessary for you to do a change of ownership.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I have all the documentation signed ... I am not sure if it is still valid ... in fact I have had them for the past 4 years ... just havent got around to going to the licensing department to do change of ownership.
    Try VIP Registrations or try garyj301gmail.com. Gary charged me R300 + R120 for the documents. Collected copy of ID and papers and returned within 48 hrs. I will never stand in that queue again!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Mine arrived at the gate this morning ... with all the courier hijacking ... what happens if they get your disck?

Vehicle license R1300 plus R199 delivered to my house ... took a little longer than I expected (10 days) but hey its here and I am happy.

Considering the courier guy charges me around R100 buck for collection and delivery of my products ... R199 for the total service including delivery ... worth every cent

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The good news is I hear the bank are doing ID and passports at certain branches ... thats going to be a huge relief.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Vehicle license R1300 plus R199 delivered to my house ... took a little longer than I expected (10 days) but hey its here and I am happy.
    Sounds like a rip-off to me. I paid R420 and only 1 guy involved. No hijacking of couriers or lost in the post.
    I have sold my wife's 2003 model car and this was to transfer from the bank to her. 18 years later - no hassle at all.

Give Gary a call at 072 595 5944 for registrations in the Durban area
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast