Thread: The DA saying what we saying???

Thanks

The DA saying what we saying???

One wonders why the government don't listen
    Even the off opp are saying what we been saying for a few years now

http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/...ll-business-da
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    One wonders why the government don't listen
    I can think of three reasons -

Self interest.
    Self interest.
    Self interest.

It's working bloody well for them at the moment, so what's to fix?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    For a brief moment in time we almost became a nation. We stood shoulder to shoulder in election queues, each voting peacefully for his or her party of choice. The euphoria of winning the rugby world cup in '95, uniting the nation was a momentous moment in our country's history.

Unfortunately, since then things have gone downhill with a corrupt government who are incapable of running a country. Corruption, entitlement and even blatant racism has become the order of the day. Crime is out of control and services are deteriorating.

In the Apartheid years a number of Afrikaners, who had benefited from the system, chose to give up their privileged status to advocate for democracy and all it stands for. Van Zyl Slabbert, Breyten Breytenbach, Beyers Naude, Max du Preez and some other activists come to mind.

Where then are the black activists who are prepared to give up their privileged status to fight for democracy? Apart from a few journalists who the government are trying to gag, there are almost no-one to speak out against the atrocities. Why is it that so many ANC supporters see the writing on the wall, complain about it, but do nothing to stop the rot. Their silence is deafening.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (15-Aug-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Don't you think it's funny that you need to pay UIF within 7 days of the end of the month? What happens if you take a holiday? And yes, I need to wait till the end of the month to see if they earned a bonus. But next year might just average it out and pay it for the year - not as accurate, but a lot less hassle.

I do think they need to have two set of rules depending on the size of company. It's BS that as tiny sole prop I need to conform to the same rules and regs as companies that have legal, accounting and human resources departments.

And thank you to the big 4 banks:

Individuals - great deals
    Large companies - great deals
    Small companies and sole props: lets absolutely skew them for fee's.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mr Reuel Khoza, the Nedbank chairman, has once again lashed out at the Government and warned that South Africa may be on the path to becoming a rogue state. I applaud Mr Koza for being brave enough to speak out. For us whiteys it it is not possible to do that as we would be classed as racist Europeans who should go back to their homeland. Well, my homeland is South Africa and I'm here to stay!

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/art...ate-2012-08-16

As I said in an earlier post, we need more black people to speak out and we need those black business people who are now benefiting from a corrupt system to give up their privilege and start protesting for a better South Africa. Just like a number of Afrikaners who gave up their privileged status to become activists against apartheid.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    There is no doubt that Mr Khoza is bang on the button with his views and there are many, many black South Africans who are beggining to speak out similarly. if one considers the comments being posted on social and news networks one can visibly see the groundswell in action. It's growing by the day HOWEVER for as long as the masses continue to be innocently or deliberately naeive of whats going on and cast their vote for the ANC, the plunderous rot is going to continue for quite a while I feel. Doesn't mean we should give up the fight though.

Thanks
    The trouble is that the general mentality in this country is that if you are anti-ANC, you are unpatriotic.

The ANC nurtures this - and that is (one of the) reasons that the downtrodden go on voting as before.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    The trouble is that the general mentality in this country is that if you are anti-ANC, you are unpatriotic.

The ANC nurtures this - and that is (one of the) reasons that the downtrodden go on voting as before.
    ...or racist. The truth is I am against all political parties and will never vote for any ruling party unless they have descended directly from heaven.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    ...or racist. The truth is I am against all political parties and will never vote for any ruling party unless they have descended directly from heaven.
    Blurock, I understand all too well where you coming from! I suppose you non partisan. It's the 75 % vote in parliament that can amend in particular the bill of rights that we need to be very concerned about. I've said some nasty things about Helen Zille in my time, but now she and every member of her party gives me hope. I hope and pray that they get much more votes in the next election!!!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

11. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (21-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Only by voting for an opposition party can we keep the required balance to keep a ruling party on their toes. There should always be a strong opposition to keep this balance.

They may have had noble intentions when they still had proper leaders, but the ANC has now become an arrogant, corrupt, racist party that is betraying their own people. The other parties are not much better, but if we love this country and its people we have a duty to show more patriotism and put South Africa first. Let's take our country back from the corrupt politicians.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.