Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fast lane

Diamond Member
    Thanks

The fast lane

This is just to ask people who drive at 60 km per/hr on the freeway in the right hand land to please get the rest of the people who drive at this speed to all stick to this lane so that we dont have to use the orange line on the left to overtake. I spend most of my time driving in the left hand (the new fast lane) , but every now and again i have some inconsiderate people who also drives at 60 in the left hand lane, so inconsiderate, this means i have to use the orange line, causing people to see me as the bad person.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As long as they don't get held up by slower moving vehicles, I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass who uses the fast lane, Ian.

Thanks
    Have you guys in KZN actually got more that one lane ?

We have to share one lane with oncoming traffic due to potholes.

This effectively makes a 100km trip in the order of 150 kms !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what they actually teach at driving school these days. There are more morons on the road every day.

Traffic officials also do not seem to understand the basics of road safety and traffic control. Whatever happened to the signs "Keep left, pass right"? We don't see them any more. Never!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Have you guys in KZN actually got more that one lane ?

We have to share one lane with oncoming traffic due to potholes.

This effectively makes a 100km trip in the order of 150 kms !
    How to reduce deaths on our roads, maybe try fix them.

I suppose like the end of the world, must have been organised by the ANC, still waiting for them to deliver.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I wonder what they actually teach at driving school these days. There are more morons on the road every day.

Traffic officials also do not seem to understand the basics of road safety and traffic control. Whatever happened to the signs "Keep left, pass right"? We don't see them any more. Never!
    They dont bother with signs anymore, like the stop sign, who stops at stop streets in this day. They are merely there to slow traffic down and even that doesnt seem to work anymore. Mind you in saying that maybe someone will introduce more signs, because there is now a contract out to wash signs, watched them the other day wiping a sign down, which you couldnt really see from the road due to the over grown bush on the side of the freeway. I complained about them not cutting the grass on the side of the freeways, but the truth is the grass is better than all the plastic and rubbish.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Lets get this straight, you complain about people driving 60 in the fast lane and then you are sometimes forced to overtake on the orange line. Oh I see, so if a person drives too slow for your liking then you endanger the lives of pedestrians and vehicles that msy have broken down.

How about you try this; slow down and don't knowingly endanger the lives of others. There was a huge accident on the N1 in Cape Town a couple of weeks ago because a young lady decided to overtake the slow traffic on the right shoulder of the highway and drove straight into roadworks killing a worker and putting her head through the windscreen.

I don't care how important you feel you are, don't endanger the lives of other people because you get annoyed on the road.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Firstly i am passed get annoyed on the road, i drive like the taxis and i believe more people should do the same, maybe the traffic would flow better, Never implied that i was important, merly indicated that people who drive at 60 km/hr in the right hand lanes should tell their mates to do the same, so that the rest of us can keep right and pass left , because clearly they have never seen a sign which indicates keep left pass right, which creates a dangerous enviroment when 3 vehicles are travelling in the 3 different lanes at 60 km/hr. If you have a train (cant think of a better word) of lets say 10 vehicles all travelling within the law 120 km/hr, suddenly you approuch the vehicle travelling at 60 km/hr what happens?

I use to watch people using the orange line the bus lanes etc and get annoyed, sitting like a fool in the traffic for hours, unfortunately because the traffic department feels hiding in the bush speed trapping or sitting outside KFC fining people for not wearing seat belts reduces accidents in stead of actually travelling and watching motorist abide by the law, it has become a free for all out there. My time has become more valuable to me and sitting in the right hand lane for hours muttering about all the other people moving in the left lanes and orange lanes, i have taken upon myself to move with the traffic which flows.

Andrian, how much time do you spend on the roads everyday?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Stay out of the emergency lanes.

You are a total hypocrite, how can you complain about people driving to slow in the fast lane and then say its ok to drive in the emergency lane. So do you only apply rules that suit you?

Well, then, I think that we should all just do whatever comes to mind, why don't we drive on the pavements, I mean hell, we are expected to stop at robots, what for....

You cannot argue that it is ok for you to break the law and endanger other peoples lives because they drive to slowly in the right hand lane, they are not breaking the law...

I also get annoyed by people driving slowly in the fast lane but I have never thought of the emergency lanes as viable alternatives...I bide my time and pass in the left lane when it is safe to do so.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    How many hours a day do you spend on the road?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast