Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Can you sell home security system in South Africa?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garthu View Post
    Yup no sorry, been into it further and sorry really concerned about the objective here!!!

What you are describing a basic alarm system can do!!!

My security system is focus on preventing intruder behavior and has precise locating, monitoring and recognition functions. For the alarm system we have varieties ways, like Text Alarming, Image Capture, Alarming Information Filing, Terminal Alarming and so on.
    HOME SECURITY EXPERT---www.tongyuelectric.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg1868 View Post
    When you move your hand, the security system will start active defense measures, like electric shock or spray, to prevent villains' behavior,then make them lose attack ability. All gestures is designed by users and we have varietise defense measures, which is combined sound, light and electric defnse measures. All measures is safe and legitimate in your country.
    Sounds like a good addition to the James Bond movies

That's a slightly better explanation, though. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    All through this thread, I've been quietly thinking to myself and waiting for someone to say this:

I was under the impression that South Africa is something of a world leader when it comes to home and vehicle security devices and systems. Last I'd heard parts of the world with climbing security issues were clamouring after SA developed security technology, particularly when it comes to vehicle tracking and retrofit vehicle immobilisation.

But no-one has said it
    Am I under the wrong impression then? Or maybe out of date?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    All through this thread, I've been quietly thinking to myself and waiting for someone to say this:

I was under the impression that South Africa is something of a world leader when it comes to home and vehicle security devices and systems. Last I'd heard parts of the world with climbing security issues were clamouring after SA developed security technology, particularly when it comes to vehicle tracking and retrofit vehicle immobilisation.

But no-one has said it
    Hi Dave,

We were giving the member the benefit of the doubt, it seems that we are no wiser than when the thread started.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

But no-one has said it

SA environment leadiing solve home and vehicle security problem become important and urgent and I think advanced security system will have brilliant future in SA.
    Future security system's develop is protect people's life, not warning or alarming.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg1868 View Post
    SA environment leadiing solve home and vehicle security problem become important and urgent and I think advanced security system will have brilliant future in SA.
    Future security system's develop is protect people's life, not warning or alarming.
    You still have not explained how the system works. I need a product brochure explaining the exact operation of the system under duress. If you can not give this information, you are wasting all our time.

Stop trying to do a sales job on us, you asked if we can advise, with out this information, there is no way that I can advise you whether your product will dell in South Africa or not. So give us a full write up of what the system does, and how it does it. Once we can understand the physical operation of the system, can we give you advice.
    Last edited by Justloadit; 05-Jan-11 at 10:21 AM.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Now that Dave has said it, it brought some focus to the reality! I'd say you right. SA are leaders and i have seen some really hectic stuff. Immobilizing guys here with pepper sprays, strobe lights etc is fairly old tech, been around a while. Access systems that look like movie stuff. Electric fencing has huge export value here the biggest limitation though being like the UK, what we use as legal here is not there!

I think alot of us though would just REALLY like to get to the bottom of what was originally offered on the start??
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    You still have not explained how the system works. I need a product brochure explaining the exact operation of the system under duress. If you can not give this information, you are wasting all our time.

Stop trying to do a sales job on us, you asked if we can advise, with out this information, there is no way that I can advise you whether your product will dell in South Africa or not. So give us a full write up of what the system does, and how it does it. Once we can understand the physical operation of the system, can we give you advice.

I do not sell it and i just want to know the potential market of my security system in SA. I think i have already introduce the system's function. And i donot know why people say they cannot understand my system. How to introduction the system? Do you mean introduce technology of the security system?

Thanks
    My security system is focus on preventing intruder behavior and has precise locating, monitoring and recognition functions. For the alarm system we have varieties ways, like Text Alarming, Image Capture, Alarming Information Filing, Terminal Alarming and so on.
    JDG, i dont think anyone is trying to be rude, we are really just trying to get to the bottom of what you are offering and is it really any different to what there is as what you have described above we have.

My place is set up very basically at the moment. Electric fence and talking system outdoors in the garden that tells me, in words, exactly where there is an intruder and where they are going.

If i wanted to i could do this.

Multi zone electric fence 36 strand identify exactly where intruder came over (if they ever did as to get through such is close to impossible)
    Fibre optic sense underground and over ground trespass
    Fire detection and automatic dispersal of CO2 provided no body heat
    Talking alarm system (have it already)
    GSM and Internet links to control/feed information
    Video capture, motion sense and track
    Auto and focused vocal warnings, even disabling of intruder with pepper sprays focused.
    Laser, ultrasonic, infrared, tremble, motion, thermal detection all possible.
    Intelligent activation and control, local and remote
    And more!!

So the point is:
    1 - what can you really do that is different to this, SPECIFICALLY!
    2 - I'm in the industry now and still dont install a system like is as it is protecting the border and externals are what i do and where i act, as far as i am concerned, once the person is inside the house, its to late anyway (remember people shoot you in this country when threatened) and is also cost prohibitive to go this far. PLEASE do not say either we are not cost prohibitive, rather give a specific example system with a price!! Then we can give you real feedback and say yes, this is good, no its a waste of time. It is the sort of stuff i have interest in, but to this point, this really has gone round in circles!!
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garthu View Post
    JDG, i dont think anyone is trying to be rude, we are really just trying to get to the bottom of what you are offering and is it really any different to what there is as what you have described above we have.

My place is set up very basically at the moment. Electric fence and talking system outdoors in the garden that tells me, in words, exactly where there is an intruder and where they are going.

If i wanted to i could do this.

Multi zone electric fence 36 strand identify exactly where intruder came over (if they ever did as to get through such is close to impossible)
    Fibre optic sense underground and over ground trespass
    Fire detection and automatic dispersal of CO2 provided no body heat
    Talking alarm system (have it already)
    GSM and Internet links to control/feed information
    Video capture, motion sense and track
    Auto and focused vocal warnings, even disabling of intruder with pepper sprays focused.
    Laser, ultrasonic, infrared, tremble, motion, thermal detection all possible.
    Intelligent activation and control, local and remote
    And more!!

So the point is:
    1 - what can you really do that is different to this, SPECIFICALLY!
    2 - I'm in the industry now and still dont install a system like is as it is protecting the border and externals are what i do and where i act, as far as i am concerned, once the person is inside the house, its to late anyway (remember people shoot you in this country when threatened) and is also cost prohibitive to go this far. PLEASE do not say either we are not cost prohibitive, rather give a specific example system with a price!! Then we can give you real feedback and say yes, this is good, no its a waste of time. It is the sort of stuff i have interest in, but to this point, this really has gone round in circles!!
    Thanks for your advice. I know everyone is good for me and they want to help me. I will modify introduction of the security system, then I hoping you also could give me advice or point out shortcomings.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast