Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV License

Thanks

TV License

How would you do this ?

My daughter has been staying with us for a long time and when the TV license was taken out many moons ago I sent her to go and do this. So the license is in her name and ID.
    She has now moved out and I want to get a license in my/wife's name and do not want to be nailed for penalties etc.

I know that SABC works on ID numbers specifically and if I now apply, it will show up that I have never had a license and the sh*t is going to hit the fan !
    Or, what about my wife does the application ?

Has anybody been through this ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Email problem
    Thanks
    What if you tell them you never had a TV - which is technically true - and that you want to buy one now?

Thanks
    Nope.........not quite true. At some stage before Mnet etc. I became so peed off with the programs that I informed them that I sold my TV and they must remove my name from their books. .......................but I am sure my ID # still reflects. So they will nail me for 1000 years of no lisence plus penalties plus, plus.
    The problem is that my ID # is on their books.
    I did phone them though with a fake ID # and they replied that as long as there is no ID on their system, one can apply online for a license without difficulties..................so wife has to come to the party !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Email problem
    Thanks
    I think they will accept an affidavit that you sold your TV in 1982 and never had one since. The have a BEE lawfirm who does their collections and that bunch is not very bright. They send out bulk SMS's offering discount on penalties and so on. You must just ignore them long enough untill you get an offer that you cannot refuse. They are also so overloaded with work that they will only get to you in 2 years or so.

Interesting reading here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Why would you want a TV license? Do you have DSTV? I myself do not have a TV on my name.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Their collections agency is certainly useless at resolving issues.

You had me scratching around for the thread with my run in with them - I see I must update it as there has been a sequel earlier this year.

I had no response then and I've had no response this time either. My correspondence and proof of delivery is now all sitting in a file collecting dust, waiting for the day they blacklist me

Thanks

Solved

Solved....................just take out an online license in the wife's name !
    Her ID is not on the system.

Tec0....why the question about DSTV ? If I have DSTV, does it mean I do not need a lisence ?
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Email problem
    Thanks
    If you have DSTV, they can check with Multichoice that you indeed have a TV and that licence fees are due every year. I don't know how readily Multichoice makes that information available, but that is one avenue that they are using to trace "offenders".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Solved....................just take out an online license in the wife's name !
    Her ID is not on the system.

Tec0....why the question about DSTV ? If I have DSTV, does it mean I do not need a lisence ?
    no... If you have DSTV they "DSTV" squeal on you and you must get a TV licence…

But if you don’t have DSTV and you do not “own a TV” then you don’t need a licence.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apprepcen View Post
    If you have DSTV, they can check with Multichoice that you indeed have a TV and that licence fees are due every year. I don't know how readily Multichoice makes that information available, but that is one avenue that they are using to trace "offenders".
    That's probably how I got on their hit list

Our TV licence has always been in my wife's name, but the DSTV subscription has always been in mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.