Thread: Backdated COIDA Payments

Thanks

Unhappy Backdated COIDA Payments

HI All

In 2014 I registered for COIDA , I submitted my application via email. I have called numerous times and send various emails with regards to registration . I was told that the application is in process and that i should be patient. Some of our clients require workman's comp in order to proceed work. Due to the registration taking so long with no feedback i took out Employers Liability Insurance (this was in 2015) .This at least helped me to get the work. In the meantime i followed up with no luck. Time went on . The department was absent with absolutely no correspondence. Bizprofile opened during Covid (2020) and i registered there for Workman's comp. Again with no luck or any feedback from the department (2021) . A few months later I checked and bam I was the lucky recipient of a Workman's Comp number . I immediately called my book keeper and said pls do my earnings for 2020/2021 . He said he found that I was backdated to 2016. Okay but why ? Another 3 months later with 10 emails later still no feedback of why I'm being backdated. Today 13/10/2021 I was fed up and included the Presidency into my mail to them and suddenly all is alive and well at the workman comp . I get responses like you cannot believe. So today i found out my original application 2014 did also go through and now I have to pay from 2014/2015. Also the application from Bizportal also needs to be paid from 2016. So there is a duplicate that much they could figure out. Now my question is I paid for employee insurance since 2015 of which I have proof as well as a letter stating from my insurer that i had no claims . Am i still legally bound to pay for 2015 to date ?
    And if I should backpay is there any rebate I can apply for ?
    Yes this a all true story , what a pity we have to go this routes to get help .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That it appears the administration of the Compensation Fund is failing its stakeholders comes as no surprise to me. What struck me in your story was that you suddenly got a response when you included the Presidency in an email.

I too have experienced horrifically bad service from the Compensation Fund and have three current matters that are being ignored. By "current", one of them has been ongoing now for three years - a refund of a credit due to one of my companies. In another matter, a very small IOD claim for medical attention the injured employee received, I have even resorted to one of those intermediary service companies to assist, and they are being ignored too.

I think I shall try including the Presidency in trying to revive a response in these matters...
    What email address for the Presidency did you use?

Thanks
    registration2@pprotect.org - (Public Protector )
    president@presidency.gov.za

This sounds like a horror movie , it leaves me flabbergasted that one person must put up such a fight to comply with the law

4. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (18-Oct-21)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraJ View Post
    registration2@pprotect.org - (Public Protector )
    president@presidency.gov.za

This sounds like a horror movie , it leaves me flabbergasted that one person must put up such a fight to comply with the law
    Especially since you wish to pay them, not them you!