Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is the electrical meter market in South Africa?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There are a number of local manufacturers of prepaid meters in RSA. To get your meter into the market, you going to have to submit it to SABS for testing, and then get SANAS approval, irrespective if you have other testing laboratories certification. You then have to look out for tenders, in which the meters are requested.

Too much hard work, jumping over hoops and other necessary requirements in my view for this extremely competitive small and closed market.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    There are a number of local manufacturers of prepaid meters in RSA. To get your meter into the market, you going to have to submit it to SABS for testing, and then get SANAS approval, irrespective if you have other testing laboratories certification. You then have to look out for tenders, in which the meters are requested.

Too much hard work, jumping over hoops and other necessary requirements in my view for this extremely competitive small and closed market.
    It seems that it's hard and troublesome to sell prepaid meters in South Africa. I can also see many manufacturers' websites on Aardvark. But most of them are small companies. So I'm thinking that since the electricity in South Africa is not enough,maybe the government would prevail the prepaid meters nation wide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12