they installed the flow yesterday...while they were trying to decide what to do i managed to collect about 10000 litres in my storage tanks.

this new flow meter is the best thing since sliced bread...with the washer restriciting my water it was a pain because there was no pressure...just drip drip...so i couldnt run anything...the washing machine had to be filled with buckets...i couldnt shower because the water would run out...but now it has all changed for the better we had a first trial run today...and i have to say things are looking up....tomorrow morning i have my first hot shower i have had in a while ...now i can fit my gas geyser because there will be enough pressure to run it...i manged to get one for just over R2000

we are alocated 300 litres free per day...it switches on a 5 am in the morning and once the reaches 300 litres the flow meter switches the water off completely...but there is also a catch if you dont use it...it doesnt carry ove rto the next day...i have just been around and flushed the toilets and filled the buckets to use the last of the water...

with the 300 litres today...we have all bathed...did a load of washing...washed the dishers...all the cooking......washed the car using a buckets...i have 50 litres stored in 2 clean water tanks...just in case we need drinking water during the evening...and still had to flush the toilets to use up the last of the water and it has just switched off...it is a pity i cant get a pre paid water meter...becuase i run my bussiness from home...i need the workers to shower...and wash etc...so any additional water useage over and about my free water could be charged to the bussiness...but they dont have prepaid water yet...i am in no hurry.

so now my plan is to get a prepaid meter installed so i can get my free electricity...i have installed a meter in my workshop...so that anything over and above the free electricity will be charged to the bussiness...all my batteries will be charged in my workshop...my entertainment area will be wired from my workshop...so if we have" customers" over for a braai or dinner...then i will purchase the electricity which will be metered and charged to the bussiness.

now i just need to figue out how to get out of sewage...rubbish removal and rates....at least my monthly metro bill is only R1100 for everything including interest and vat....water zero and i dont get nailed the R80 + that all you suckers are being charged for my free water...electricity zero...but i can see a bill coming for the flow meter.