I work on a farm in kwazulu natal and i am trying to open a personal bank account for myself and a few other employees and given the requirements, we can't find one solution.

The fica requires a proof of address but in rural areas we don't even have a postal system and all our documents come through broadband internet. We could also bring in a water and lights account except that we don't own the farm and our id numbers are not on the statements. The second issue is that we don't really have a specific address like you do in town. We can give a farm road number and farm name an portion but that's the same address for 25 people. This can't be a new issue because surely farm workers are entitled to open an account but no one at the bank seems to know.

I tried to fica myself using a rates and taxes from a property i own in jhb but i was told they need a proof of residence and since i don't live there, it doesn't count. The other problem is that the owner of the farm owns and runs the farm as an investment and having him travel 350km in the middle of the week on a business day to sit in a bank and prove ownership of the farm and then confirm our address just isn't going to happen.