Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIPRO incompetence

Thanks

CIPRO incompetence

About 3 months ago we were notified that the company's CC had moved into de-registration because the auditor we had last year failed to forward us the invoice for the annual fee. We paid up immediately and asked to reverse the de-registration process. Cipro informed us they're having problems as they'd just moved to a new system, and that it could take several weeks to administer.

Fine, we wait.. and wait, all along getting calls from suppliers, clients etc. asking why we're de-registering.

Checked again this week, apparently their new 'system' is still non-functional, and as a result they can't tell us the status of removal from deregistration, or how long it could be.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are we supposed to do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've been helping with the re-instatement of a company that actually got de-registered and it really does seem to be quite a slow process. I was given an estimated time of 3 months to complete. Apparently the big handbreak is under the new process they have to do a deeds search.

Not much to do but bite the bullet and tell enquirers you're working on it, muttering about government service delivery while you're about it as everyone can relate to that - except government, of course.

The bank in the case I've been working with has been quite understanding. I'm not really sure how predjudiced the creditors would be anyway as by my understanding the corporate veil is pierced while the company is deregistered.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    CIPRO / CIPC aren't getting any better. I can't file my annual return because their system says it has already been filed. But it hasn't.

I can see this coming back to bite me.

Suspended
    Thanks
    OMG, please don't mention CIPRO in front of me. I started a Pty, and it took them 8 (EIGHT!!!) months to register this! I know I'm a foreigner and it might be a bit more effort, but even Home Affairs is better organized!

Ok, that's probably not true, but they're in the same league for sure.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I had my cc de-registered by them in March. Followed everything to the Tee as asked for by them.
    And 4 months later had no response. After days of trying to get through, got the needed help.

I was lucky as when submitting all documents I used a courier to deliver, which means having a P.O.D document.
    When proving they messed up, managed to get it re-listed the next day and am now in business.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (25-Jul-11)

Thanks
    It got to the point after submitting papers to them in Nov last year, which they lost three times, and i couldnt register for VAT, register as an employee, regsiter as a tax payer etc.
    Got hold of Dr Rob Davies e-mail address and sent him a personnel mail telling him that my 6 employees are coming to him at the end of next week for money to feed their families.
    Needless to say they lost the paper work again and eventually they accepted e-mailed copies and made the registration changes to the CC. This took them 4 months and in that 4 months i couldnt earn a cent as my clients dont deal with mickey mouse suppliers, under any circumstances. Dr Rob Davies took two weeks to get it resolved. I recommend sending him some e-mails.

Thanks
    We have an elephant in the room everybody!! Its taking up a lot of space and contributing stuff all. Name:CIPRO
    why even bother on the website with the tantalizing "contact us" click click through!?
    Its not like you will get a reply (in the instance of an email) or even a person able to actually assist if the phone actually got answered. But wait folks - you have a chance of speaking to someone at least, if you call from your work phone and not foot the bill for a 20min wait!
    My documents posted are at sea - according to the postal service tracking team, it was indeed delivered to CIPRO.
    I love my country - PLEASE can we do better!?

Thanks
    what his email address?

Thanks

Contact details

This is for Dr Rob Davies: - 'IFick@thedti.gov.za' <IFick@thedti.gov.za>
    This was the respondent to the above address: - 'Marlene Ernest' <MErnest@thedti.gov.za>
    These are others that i found and i just sent them to anyone who i could find on the net who has some connection to CIPRO.
    'Vuyani Nkohla' <VNkohla@cipro.gov.za>
    'Glory Moumakwe' <GMoumakwe@cipro.gov.za>
    'CEO' <CEO@cipro.gov.za>
    'Dhaya Raidoo' <DRaidoo@cipro.gov.za>
    'Lungisa Matandela' <LMatandela@cipro.gov.za>

This is the guy who eventually helped me and got it sorted out for me via e-mail in 48 hours with obvious pressure from above.

Hope you win.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Seeing as they are now called CIPC and not CIPRO, you may find the email extensions has changed to cipc.co.za. Just an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast