Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should 45,000KM service on 2009 WV Polo Trendline cost?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

What should 45,000KM service on 2009 WV Polo Trendline cost?

Hi,

Does anyone know what the current VW garage service on a 2009 VW Polo Trendline should cost?

My mom needs to take her cars in for a service soon and I want to know if they'e gonna rip her off. The guy estimated R1500, which I think is ludicrous.
    She has a garage guarantee, so I can't service the car myself otherwise they won't fix / replace anything if it brakes.

I have always serviced all my own cars, new or 2nd hand so I don't really know what garage prices cost anymore.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I haven't got the invoice nearby, but if memory serves me right, that's more or less what I paid for a 30 000 km service on a 2008 model Chevrolet Spark. R1500 for a 45 000 km service on a Polo doesn't sound unreasonable.
    "Fortune favours the bold" - Virgil
    Riaan Nel
    Freelance Software Development | LinkedIn | Skype

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It pains me to say it, but that's the sort of money that is being charged by authorised dealers for a "minor" service nowadays.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well if you take it any dealer is going to rip you off, the cost consists of parts and labour which of 40% is parts and 60% is labour R1500 for a service on a 2009 VW Polo Trendline isn't too bad, it is maybe your best price

Thanks
    Last year I paid under a 1K for a minor service on a 1.9 TDI at McCarthy. Try phoning around for quotes from McCarthy Volkswagen and the various other Volkswagen dealers.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    u lose your warranty if serviced by anybody other than a VW dealer. there appears to be a fixed labour time for a particular service,same by all vw dealers for the same service. i think you achieve best if u are able to negotiate a discount on spares and a reduction in that dreaded word "consummables". best of luck.

Thanks
    When it comes to servicing under warranty the dealers have you by the short and curlies, they can charge what they want and you have no choice but to use them without forfeiting the warranty. It doesn't seem to matter what make of car you have you're going to get nailed unfortunately. It's sharp practice and this was one area I kinda hoped the CPA might address but time will only tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    When it comes to servicing under warranty the dealers have you by the short and curlies, they can charge what they want and you have no choice but to use them without forfeiting the warranty. It doesn't seem to matter what make of car you have you're going to get nailed unfortunately. It's sharp practice and this was one area I kinda hoped the CPA might address but time will only tell.
    CAR Magazine had a recent article referring to the exorbitant amounts charged for services at authorized dealerships. If new car sales go down, they need money from another source to pay their rent, and sadly, it looks like that source is usually the service department.
    "Fortune favours the bold" - Virgil
    Riaan Nel
    Freelance Software Development | LinkedIn | Skype

Suspended
    Thanks
    i had my van servced...when i got the bill i nearly fell on my back...R900 for an oil change

so i tried to find where the spark plug price etc was...when i spoke to the workshop manager i was told that they didnt do a plug change nor check anything on the vehicle...only and oil change

cost at VW agent

R500 per/hr to drop the sum plug into the tray...put a new sum plug @ R35...remove the cap and fill with oil R300 worth...sub total R835 + vat total R951.90...this was a 15000 km basic service and that was 2 years ago...i would hate to know what it cost now.

if brakes etc need to be replaced....you in for over R3000

Thanks
    According to vw.co.za McCarthy VW is still a Volkswagen dealer so your warranty should be just fine.

As I wrote in my earlier post, phone around the various VW dealers and get quotes. The dealerships do compete with each other if you let them. E.g. VW Claremont had a special in services last month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast