Thread: Geyser serial No:

Thanks

Geyser serial No:

Hello

Is it compulsory to record the geyser serial No: in a coc?

And , when labling DB's ,is the main DB DB1 or should yor first sub board be DB1 or is it main DB and first sub board DB2?

What is the differance between a local switch and main switch?

If your meter box is outside the property and u have a second box in the property that feeds the main DB, is this your local box?

Thanks, appreciate the info Andy and you guys!

Email problem
    Thanks
    theres no need to record the geysers serial no. in the coc
    only the main switch of the main db is marked main switch and the main switches of all the other dbs are marked local main switch
    i dont know of any particular name for the that 2nd box on the property.supply connection box or oosterzee box but not local box
    regarding the labelling.i dont think its crucial if your main db is called db1 or main db. i would call it db1. all db,s supplied from the main db would be 1.1 ,1.2 , 1.3 etc all d.b,s from 1.1 would be 1.1.1, 1.1.2 , 1.1.3 etc even 1A,1B will do
    hope that helps

3. Thank given for this post:

mikilianis (19-Jun-11), TECHNICIAN 810 (19-Jun-11)

Thanks
    Hi, The "Main DB" is labelled "MAIN DB" and the sub DBs' are labelled :Sub DB1, Sub DB2,,, Sub-Sub DB1.... There must be clear identification visible on all DBs which must show their position in the hierarchy and the COC must reflect this along with the circuitry of each DB. Sub-Sub DB 1 of Sub DB2 must indicate as such so as not to create confusion as to where it originates from, if necessary. It will obviously not help looking for the supply of it at Sub DB1.
    Quite correctly the geyser serial No. does not appear on the COC. In fact it does not even matter whether the geyser is functional or not as it is an "appliance" which is excluded from the COC. There is however nothing wrong in asking if the client wants it repaired. It will be cheaper to pay for a thermostat replacement than the insurance excess.

5. Thanks given for this post:

TECHNICIAN 810 (21-Jun-11)

Thanks
    Apparently, I heard that a coc is valid for 24 months OR until the installation has had changes made to it. If a plumber changes a geyser, then the installation has had changes made to it. Some plumbers send their guys up to do the job and sometimes, they don,t allways wire the thing corectlly, for ex, loose wire, or dont reskin a brittle wire, or don,t put the earth back corectly or something stuiped like that. If something goes wrong the issuer of the coc has the original geyser serial No: as proof.
    This is why i asked the question.
    Thanks again!

Email problem
    Thanks
    oops ,forgot the"sub" in sub db 1.1,1.2 etc,although i,ve never bothered with sub sub d.b.1.1.1,but thats just me

8. Thanks given for this post:

Thanks
    Hi Technician 810, You are correct about the COC. Regarding the geyser, if you look back a while you will find where I posted how SA Homeloans insist on using their own contractors. It is illegal for a plumber to connect a geyser. I had them send a qualified, registered electrical contractor to re-connect with the bonding and glands in place.
    Merely replacing the geyser or a socket outlet or lightswitch etc. does not require a new COC. It is maintenance. If you have an additional geyser, socket outlet... installed, the circuit for it would need to be certified.

10. Thanks given for this post: