Thread: UFiling - FAO DaveA

Thanks

UFiling - FAO DaveA

I recently read a comment posted by DaveA regarding UFiling - I had not heard of this prior to reading his post and popped onto the Dept of Labour's website earlier to read up on it.

Is this an alternative to paying your UIF to SARS and is it optional?
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you are registered for PAYE and have to submit an EMP201 return every month, you have to make your UIF payments to SARS even though you are filing your UIF returns via uFiling.

However, if you don't have to do the EMP201 returns, you would then pay directly to UIF. And if you are filing your UIF returns via uFiling - yes, you could use their payment mechanism.

Thanks
    Thanks for the prompt response Dave. So if I am understanding this correctly if you are registered for both PAYE & UIF - your returns are filed and paid through SARS. (Which is the process I am accustomed to). Is Ufiling compulsory or really just an easier alternative for those that don't have a PAYE liability?
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    Is Ufiling compulsory or really just an easier alternative for those that don't have a PAYE liability?
    I think we need to seperate the issue of returns and payments in this discussion.

Submitting a monthly return for UIF is compulsory and when it comes to how you submit that return, PAYE is not a factor. Ufiling just presents an online mechanism for doing that return. The alternative is completing and submitting the paper-based form.

PAYE only becomes relevant when it comes to considering the options for paying your UIF liability.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.