Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small business marketing

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienke View Post
    Mark, I hope you share your knowledge, and won't mind to let me know how you'll go about deciding your keywords more intelligent then last time. Maybe I should review mine.
    The idea is to do keyword research using a keyword tool such as Google's keyword tool to search for keywords related to a broad keyword that you enter. The idea is to choose keywords that pertain to your business which have more local searches (if you're a local business) per month but a lower competition.

Then you need to make sure that your Google ads (the text) is relevant to your keyword which is relevant to the landing page.

It's no simple task. It's a case of continuously monitoring and tweaking your Adwords campaign in order to attain the best results.

I am still struggling with my campaign for web design.

Oh, and please let us know how it went with Marketing Motor
    I must be honest, I'm probably going to cancel my Marketing Motor subscription. I'm not happy with the results I have received this far. The quality scores I've attained with the program are dreadful and I'm being forced to pay R40+ per click for some ads.

That's not to say that it won't work for other fields, though. I'm just saying that for web design, it hasn't worked at all. And I don't feel like I've received sufficient guidance from the guys at Marketing Motor to help me make the program more effective (despite several efforts to get that guidance). Not happy with the "generic answers" I tend to receive from them.

They obviously have a lot of other satisfied clients in less competitive fields, though. I believe Neville and Dave are two such examples.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    I am still struggling with my campaign for web design.
    Yes Mark, Web Design is a tricky one. I too struggled in the beginning with this one, but now I finally have quality scores of between 8-10. The main reason is that the competition is quite large. You need to break the campaign down to become highly targeted. Eg. Johannesburg Web Design going to a page on your design services in JHB, or Wordpress Web Design going to your wordpress web design services. Once these sub topics start to perform then you can go and try add Web Design.... presto, quality score of 8/10 rather than 4/10 on the first attempt.
    Bryan Casson: SEO Expert & Owner of Casson Media
    "Google or Bing...... um what is Bing?"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Bryan,

I have done that. I've got a lot of keywords targeting smaller niches within web design and pages for each of those keywords (all created using the Marketing Motor program). Unfortunately my quality scores are dropping instead of rising, despite a decent CTR on some of them.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    With regards to facebook I hear it does not really give results as people prefer it as a social tool.

I cannot remember the company name but an international company allocated approx $100 million to a facebook campaign and later on admitted that it was money wasted as it brought them no results...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I disagree.

I have seen great results from Facebook for both my businesses. I guess it has to do with your landing page and your communication with your fans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    Unfortunately my quality scores are dropping instead of rising, despite a decent CTR on some of them.
    Yes this is a normal factor in very dense industries. It does not mean that you did anything wrong, it just means that the historical record for that particular keyword is low. Many people have used that keyword in un-relevant instances in the past which has brought the keyword quality score down on default. Keywords like this are less likely to bring the quality score of your entire camapign down as the quality score was determined on the historical actions of that keyword in general and not something you did wrong.
    Bryan Casson: SEO Expert & Owner of Casson Media
    "Google or Bing...... um what is Bing?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12