Thread: Website developed in Joomla

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Website developed in Joomla

I am sort of responsible for the activities on a site ( http://www.safricanbulbs.org.za/ ) and have to make sure that newsletters, pictures are updated on the site. This means that I have access to the back end(?) of the site as the administrator.

However there are parts of the site I do not see when I am in Joomla. As an example I can update the the pictures on a particular page, but the written information I cannot change / update. Does this mean that I have to get different log in details to be able to get to those? We do not mind paying the developer for the work, but I feel it is such a performance to contact that person for a minor change.

Thanks
    Faan Kruger
    +27 82 853 7879
    krugerfaan@gmail.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Faan,

Send me a PM detailing what it is you need to change, as well as your login details. (If you don't mind) I will log in to the system for you and check what permissions you have (what you can and can't update). Then you will either need to contact your developer to grant you a higher access level, or perhaps you just aren't looking at things right. Either way I don't think I can help without actually seeing things from your perspective.

I'd be happy to help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just for anybody who was interested in this thread:

Faan was just having some issues with changing content other than "regular" Articles in Joomla. It wasn't a user-permissions issue as he had full access to the site. I guess this boils down to inadequate training by the developer.

Nevertheless, I helped him with how to change some things to do with the gallery component on his website, as well as a few other little things here and there.

If anybody else has any questions to do with Joomla-based websites, or websites in general, feel free to drop me a message.

4. Thanks given for this post:

Faan (13-Jun-11)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I must say that Mark helped me a lot in overcoming, and even more, what I battled with in Joomla.

In many instances one finds that there is a forum for that particular program, but it was much easier this way with PM's to each other. Many a time the answers given by experts get so complicated that it is difficult to understand what has been said. A few weeks ago I asked a question on a forum and then someone ask something else and then he was answered. I had to ask whether the answer given was for his or my question and in the process wasting time.

Thanks again to Mark.
    Last edited by Faan; 13-Jun-11 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I had his name wrong
    Faan Kruger
    +27 82 853 7879
    krugerfaan@gmail.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faan View Post
    Thanks again to Grant.
    Mark*.

But it's a pleasure, Faan.

Bronze Member