Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Inserting logo onto Pastel invoices

Thanks

Not getting it right - Inserting logo on Pastel

Hi Neville,

I've read through a thousand of these forums, but can't seem to find a step by step instruction on how to add your logo to Pastel Invoices and Quotations. The ones I have found doesn't seem to work.

Could you maybe help me with step by step instructions or maybe refer me to a page/forum that will be able to assist.

Please bear in mind, I'm not a Pastel Pro. I'm currently using V11.

Much appreciated.
    Tanya

Thanks
    Hi Tanya,

Rather than typing out a step-by-step procedure, I think it will be easier and quicker if we set up a TeamViewer session so that I can show you, first-hand, how to do it.

I can record the TeamViewer session and then send you the recording so that you can review it afterwards.

Drop me an email if you would like to proceed with this option.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

3. Thanks given for this post:

TanyaS (08-Jul-16)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixia View Post
    Hi!
    It seems that I am not the only one struggling to sort out this problem, which makes me feel a little better. I have been struggling to get our company logo onto my Pastel documents, using the 'Forms Designer'.
    I get the logo's inserted, but once they are there, I can't resize them. I have even tried to size the logo before I insert it, but once it is in the block, it is much bigger, and the block size can be altered, but not the picture!!!
    Please, please!!!! help?
    Mariėtte (Pixia)
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and to pastel

I have had the same problem as Pixia and many others, once I have inserted the logo, I can't resize it. I have found a solution that works, using MS paint, where the logo is displayed properly without stretch. I have read a number of posts here and didn't find the answer for my problem, so I thought to share my solution. Apologies in advance if someone already mentioned this.

So I had finally figured out where those 3 dots are to insert the image into the document in forms designer. Thanks to Neville's #39 post below.

I knew the image size and the image box in pastel forms designer needed to be the same size. It took a few trial and error tests until I asked myself, after realising I was assuming I knew everything on how to resize an image! How do I size it? I firstly thought of confirming to myself, in what unit of measurement would I be resizing it? Then I noticed that the unit of measurements of the image box in pastel forms designer is in mm's and the logo I want to insert, in jpg format is in pixels, which is why I wasn't sizing it correctly. So I googled for a millimetre to pixel converter, converted my jpg image dimensions from pixels to mm, and then inserted these converted mm dimensions into pastel forms designer, to make the image box the same size as my jpg image. Then I inserted the jpg image......and wallah! perfect fit, crisp clean clear logo on my company invoice.

I hope this post will help someone who has a similar problem.

Go well,
    Elouise

Thanks

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by lourensb View Post
    HI there Guys

I also need to ask for some help here please.

I have read Most of the comments here, but still do fail to get this correct.

I have a 3 Color Logo, and the Name Of The Company is also in 2 color shades.

I have Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator if needed.

I can edit the Logo, and see the logo just fine. (Or so it seems)

But, when I print the Quote / Invoice / Statement, the logo is pixelated.

So when you for example open the PDF, and it opens in 180 % it really looks crap.

What Settings All the Different Setting Color Scheme ie RGB, etc, is the Best to get a Logo to look Decent

Please can you advise.
    I know this is an old thread but I have tried this so many times and read everything here.
    My logo is done in Coreldraw and I use all the settings given here but when I print to pdf to test the logo is distorted.

Please any ideas?

Thanks
    Hi Neville,

Is there any way you can assist me with the same issue?

My boss seems to think I know how to do everything when it comes to computers.

I have some clue of what to do, but when I insert the new logo a line on the document disappears, which causes invoices to print without any information on it.

I would really appreciate if you or anyone else could assist please o_O

I see all these messages are from 2011, so I'm hoping there's still someone around to help :-)

Thanks
    I have followed all the instructions and when I close and open the forms designer the logo is even there .... but when I print the invoice, the logo is not there ... please assist

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Check that you are editing the correct form, and that it is selected under file ... printer font setup. If you are using "Single Plain" as the paper style, you will need to edit the csdocsp.enz file. Also, if you are emailing the document, you would need to change/save the document as csdocsp.enz as well.
    The forms you are customising should be saved in the company directory on the server machine, eg P:\BOB2020 or if local, c:\pastel19\BOB2020

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
    Also, if you are emailing the document, you would need to change/save the document as csdocsp.enz as well.
    Kevin, I'm sure it was a typo - surely you meant to say csdocpdfsp.enz?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Correct Neville - lockdown brain not 100% operational
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Kevin, I'm sure it was a typo - surely you meant to say csdocpdfsp.enz?
    Thanks guys ... it works now .... all the best with the lock down

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789