Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inserting logo onto Pastel invoices

Thanks

Thanks a lot

To answer your earlier question, NO, I'm not an engineer but I was a graphic designer for a few years. So if I had the exact details I would be able to get it exactly right.

Dave A is my champ!
    I used the exact size in mm as my crop settings and set it to 96dpi and it worked perfectly.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (13-Jan-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi!
    It seems that I am not the only one struggling to sort out this problem, which makes me feel a little better. I have been struggling to get our company logo onto my Pastel documents, using the 'Forms Designer'.
    I get the logo's inserted, but once they are there, I can't resize them. I have even tried to size the logo before I insert it, but once it is in the block, it is much bigger, and the block size can be altered, but not the picture!!!
    Please, please!!!! help?
    Mariëtte (Pixia)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pixia, just make sure your image editing software is dialed in to a resolution of 96 dpi and then the image won't resize when you put it into Pastel.

Given the problems folk seem to have with this, it might be better to be working in pixel dimensions when it comes to cropping and resizing. Unfortunately I don't know the dimensions you folk are targetting.

I've got a hunch Corne will know the answer to that one now...

Thanks

Method

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Pixia, just make sure your image editing software is dialed in to a resolution of 96 dpi and then the image won't resize when you put it into Pastel.

Given the problems folk seem to have with this, it might be better to be working in pixel dimensions when it comes to cropping and resizing. Unfortunately I don't know the dimensions you folk are targetting.

I've got a hunch Corne will know the answer to that one now...
    The EASIEST way is to get Photoshop. Open your image and click on the crop tool. Don't crop just jet. On top you can set the dpi (remember to leave it on inches and not make it to mm because we are in South Africa) to 96. The measurements you can get in Pastel by selecting the block and pressing F4. Please note that not all logos will fit in that exact proportions, so you CAN crop only one the width or the height if you need to. Type in the measurements on top in mm (you must add "mm" behind the measurement). Then crop it, press ENTER and "Save As" as JPEG.

The next way will be to use CorelDraw. You import the picture (Ctrl + i) into CorelDraw and make sure that it lies within the page. Then export the picture (Ctrl + e). When export pops up, tick the "selected only" box. Then in the settings you can set the picture dimensions, the file type and the resolution etc until all is perfect.

The hard way is to use any other picture viewer like MS Paint and gradually just crop/resize it smaller and smaller until jou get one that fits right in the block. This is very time-consuming but it's the way to go if you don't have any other options.

Regards,
    Corné

7. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (25-Jan-12)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi there All

I need some assistance please. I also want to add a logo to my Customer Quotes and Invoices but can't find the file named: csdocsp.enz which was mentioned earlier on the thread, I have found .enz files but not that specific one.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thnx Braam

Thanks
    Hi Braam,

You need to locate the file named csdocsp.eng (default location is in the Custom/Forms folder), which is the generic, standard form file.

Once you have opened this file in Forms Designer, make your changes and then save the file into your company folder - it will automatically change from csdocsp.eng to csdocsp.enz.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Neville

Thnx for that info, got the file open now and got the box for the logo but cant find any option as to add the logo from the desktop...

Braam

Thanks
    Hi Braam,

In order to browse to your image file, right-click on the image box and select Properties.

You will see a section appearing to the right of the Forms Designer screen - see screenshot below. Click on the ... just to the right of "Picture".

Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Neville

Wow man thnx alot, it works perfect. thnx thnx thnx

Braam

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast