Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Private Prepaid Electrical Meters good or bad

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

About to become a homeowner so I'm reopening this thread.

I would like to get a prepaid meter installed so that I don't have to worry about strange readings every month from the municipality (City of Joburg)

Some questions:
    1. Do I have to go to Municipal offices and pay deposit for change in owner? (I think the answer is yes)
    2. Is the next step to get an approved electrician to install the prepaid meter?
    3. Is there a list of such approved electricians / can anyone recommend someone in the Randburg area (I looked on Eskom site and couldnt see anything)
    4. Is there anything else I have to do that I'm missing?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If I am not mistaken, you have to contact COJ to apply for a prepaid meter, pay up front and wait for them to send an approved installer to do the installation. You can not do it yourself.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Are you an Eskom direct customer or a City of Joburg customer? If you get your electricity direct from Eskom you can get a prepaid meter installed by them for about R3000. I don't know what the situation for City of Joburg customers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.