I've had about enough of fighting for a fair shake of processor power for TFSA in the mornings South Africa time. For all my efforts to optimise my partition to run maintenance when the site is quiet, I'm still stuck with maintenance being done on the three other VPS clients who have a share on the 4 processor cluster we jointly operate on - or one of them is raping processor power at that time for other reasons. It certainly isn't coming from my zone.

So I'm going for a dedi - and as the gap between overseas and local is smaller in this segment, I'm seriously considering bringing TFSA hosting home.

The order is going in on Wednesday 1st June and I aim to transfer the TFSA hosting over the coming weekend. Right now the front-runner is the DX Two package from Diamatrix.

Any feedback, suggestions, hints on setting up a dedi or competitve quotes from members would be sincerely appreciated.

(And for those who would like a shot at hosting TFSA, I apologise for the short notice - but when I make a decision, I like to get moving).