Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The President is to be commended

Thanks
    SACP and COSATU members are guilty of double and triple parking.
    Most of the 'Allies' are firstly ANC supporters and members (maybe not paid up members)
    Some then belong to COSATU then the SACP, some belong to all three.
    Take out the duplications, triplications and the numbers of the 'Allies' becomes a moot point.
    Within the alliance they are a large lobby perhaps punching above their weight.
    If they were forced to belong to one or the other 'Allied' membership numbers would plummet.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    The other thing is that JZ is actually the 'Spokesperson' for the ANC NEC, He does not have a mandate to do things on his own, if he did he would be drummed out faster than you could say 'Polokwane'

He is doing a fabulous job of doing nothing not aproved by the NEC, that is why he seems to take no sides in most matters.

Even crapping on Malema is only done at the behest of the NEC, that is why he sits on the same stage smiling even when 'Kiddy Amin' is doing an 'Uhuru Number'!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    @Dave A, my sentiments exactly.

I don't think race is the issue, at least not the primary issue, more a motive that requires an old enemy in new clothing. Create the perception that the previous oppressor is the minority elite capitalist and that it should be shared equally. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it is the very same organisation that is the true culprit. The "brand" is the only thing keeping it together, as it does seem COSATU and the SACP have put their weight behind the ANCYL and not the ANC, but require them to achieve the strength needed or maybe just the time to achieve their own agenda's. There have been a number of times where he has made comments or statements that are commendable, but to be honest only after there has been a call for it. Then again maybe I am just over analizing...:-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seems like everyone's got the gist of where I was heading. The ANC has more to gain in keeping the race topic hot rather than cooling it down. Certainly far better than engaging in real debate on the substantial issues that have such divergent views within the party.

The "burden of debt" issue that Chris mentioned also caught my eye - not so much because Chris feels that way, but because it has emerged that this is a concept the ANC is actively promoting - not only in canvassing for votes but in raising funds. There were reports in the run-up to the local municipal elections that in some areas business owners were approached for funding on exactly that basis - "you owe us". Does make you wonder about the adjudication and awarding of tenders (I have literally been promised a far better chance of winning tenders by joining the ANC business forum ), but let's focus on "debt" voting for a moment.

What is the purpose of a vote?
    Are you voting for your future or your past?

Answer that and I suggest you'll find your "debt" has already been paid in full.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    (I have literally been promised a far better chance of winning tenders by joining the ANC business forum )
    When I took this option some years back for a grand fee, it never worked for me, just got invitations for paying dinners to meet the party leaders and plenty of calls to help the cause financially, but then again I do not travel at the very top circles so it was a waste of time and money. It is one avenue in which they get income, from the joining fee and the donations and income from dining with the elite.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.