Thread: Pastel losing a company

Thanks

Pastel losing a company

I guess for Neville.................Pastel Partner keeps on losing one of three of my companies every day.
    Every morning I have to activate the company again and stays ok until the system is shut down and restarted. All other companies are fine.
    Remember I run a server and workstations.

Any idea where I should start looking ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    The most common reasons for the Pastel menu "losing" companies is that the mapped drive to the company's folder on the server has been disconnected, or the workstation was started up before the server.

Your situation is unique in that not all of your companies are being deleted from the menu, but only one. Is it always the same company, on the one workstation, or on all workstations? If it is only the one company, is that company located on a different place to the other companies (not likely, but I need to ask the question)?

If none of the above questions prompts you in the right direction, perhaps a TeamViewer session is called for...
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    The most common reasons for the Pastel menu "losing" companies is that the mapped drive to the company's folder on the server has been disconnected, or the workstation was started up before the server.I have questioned the staff and this appears to be the problem

Your situation is unique in that not all of your companies are being deleted from the menu, but only one. Is it always the same company,Yes on the one workstation,No or on all workstations? Also on the server itself If it is only the one company, is that company located on a different place to the other companies No same place (not likely, but I need to ask the question)?

If none of the above questions prompts you in the right direction, perhaps a TeamViewer session is called for...
    I have asked the staff and this morning it was fine.

Something else I have noticed, when I open Pastel on the server it asks me to register the package, but I have already registered................Ok I see now it is the annual registration it is asking for.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Hi.

I have 4 users working on a workgroup server. I am facing the same problem of pastel dropping companies on all the work stations. I was advised to set up a wired network, which I did, and I even mapped the drives using the server IP address. Funny enough it drops even if the mapped drive shows that it is connected. I was also advised to convert to a pervasive server, which I have not yet done because I'm not sure whether that is the problem... It's a bit costly to make that migration. I just need to know how you solved your problem, if you did. Heeellllppp!

Thanks
    Did your problem solved? Or still need some kind of advice!

6. Thanks given for this post:

shoshore (05-Jan-12)

Thanks
    I have not yet managed to solve it. I would really appreciate some advise thank you.

Thanks
    Hi Shoshore,

I can do some troubleshooting for you if I can log onto your system remotely via TeamViewer.

As a TFSA member, your first hour's support is free of charge!

Please fill in your company particulars on my online form here so that I can open an account for you and I will then give you a call. Make sure you mention that you are a TFSA member on the form, in order to qualify for the first hour free.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)