Firstly, thank you for your time and hopefully for your insightful comments!

I started my business 4 and half years ago and it is growing slowly but surly. I started with one shop and now will be opening my 3rd in July – I operate where the larger shops fear to tread, I think for good reason! Turnover for last year was R1.6 mill – some of which is coming from tenders.

My prices are good, my service very good (I think!), but for me to take this further, I think I will need to bring on a BEE partner. What I have found is that a lot of quotes that I get requested to do are from “promotions” companies – generally it seems BEE – I often will get the same quote from 2-3 different companies. After they put on their margin, the quote is then too high. So need to get the tenders directly from the source.
Obviously a BEE partner would be great, and luckily enough, my wife fits the bill!

Right, so need to move from a sole-prop to a company – I am guessing a limited company? (or has something taken the place of a CC). Is there a nice article somewhere that lists how they are formed, responsibilities, minimum requirements ect?

Is it fairly easy to move? Vat numbers, UIF ect? Bank details. Can I still trade as Maxsport?

Is there an article somewhere for the tax implications of moving?

As this is for tenders – making my wife a 51% partner makes sense, although I will getting the larger share of the profits – is this ok?

Any other pitfalls I need to look out for?