Thread: Samsung Galaxy\Nexus Cellphone

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Samsung Galaxy\Nexus Cellphone

Hello,

Anyone have the Samsung Galaxy S or Nexus 1, would love to hear your experience with these phones.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Not too sure, but you know of course the Galaxy has got a new incarnation: http://www.reghardware.com/2011/05/1...id_smartphone/
    Not that we would see it here before next year (if history is anything to go by), but it seems even the original Galaxy had some pretty good reviews. But you might be better off asking on international sites regarding these smartphones (especially those not being fruit-like - i.e. BB/Apple) since in SA most don't even know there's something else than a BB / Nokia.

Also why the Nexus One? It's kind of old (even for here): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_One
    If you want a google branded phone, why not the Nexus S: http://www.google.com/phone/#
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi irneb,

I looked at the Nexus S which i would like to get however on my Talk 120 contract i have to pay in R1723

As for the Nexus One i have not seen it on any list from Vodacom

Hence i taught of settling for the Galaxy S due to the high pay in!

Thanks
    Sorry, don't know anyone with either of those. The closest I can come is the even older Samsung Omnia (which the Galaxy was an upgrade from) ... but in that case it was a WinMo 6 phone, which the guy was complaining about requiring restarts each time he used the GPS.

BTW, a friend of mine (not a tech savvy guy) got himself a Sony Expreia X10. But he just realized it doesn't have a built-in radio receiver (only download radio streaming), so he's a bit down on that score - otherwise he's happy.

It doesn't appear as if the Nexus 1 is sold anymore. Perhaps look for HTC, since the Nexus 1 is actually built by them. Perhaps you can get the same thing without the google branding for a bit less?

And of course the Nexus S is actually a Samsung phone, so who knows - it's probably quite the same as the Galaxy S.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    My current phone is an Omnia i900. Its so funny how the phone pricing and models var between Vodacom shops. I have been checking a few and the variations are great!

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I got my my new phone today, Samsung i9000 Galaxy S.

Wife bought me a nice new pouch as well.

Super phone, got all my contacts, calender, email etc... in 1 go onto the phone from google with just a user name and password.

What a pleasure. Now just need to figure out the rest

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.