Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scary electrical pictures

Suspended
    Thanks
    there are plenty thermal imaging cameras out there...for around R100 000 you can get a camera with this type of quality...with infusion...picture in picture...every big company should have one of these tools available...even if they use a thermographer to do yearly audits/inpsections...why ...because i have carried out test...had the maintenance team repair the problem while i wait then re tested to find the problem was still not resolved...only after 3 attemps did they get it right...so my question...what is the good of doing a yearly inspection if it is not checked on completion of the repairs...you pretty much wasting your time...or in the case where an inspection is done only to satisfy the insurance company for cover... then i suppose who cares so long as the insurance company covers you.

2. Thanks given for this post:

mikilianis (03-Jun-11)

Thanks
    I would never suspect that a coupling could get so hot and it is rubber if I am not mistaken.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikilianis View Post
    I would never suspect that a coupling could get so hot and it is rubber if I am not mistaken.
    i have no idea...i just used the picture to illustrate the quality of the picture and infusion...i didnt take the picture...it is one of the samples on my software from fluke.

by the way this is a low severity problem...voltage differences are only between 26 and 32 degrees.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikilianis View Post
    What isn't shown in that picture is the temperature range used, so it might not be all that hot - just warmer than the ambient temperature.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i have no idea...i just used the picture to illustrate the quality of the picture and infusion...i didnt take the picture...it is one of the samples on my software from fluke.

by the way this is a low severity problem...temperature differences are only between 26 and 32 degrees.
    "oops not voltage...temperature"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.