Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the Electrical Compliance Certificate Requirements

Email problem
    Thanks
    I have made an appointment to have a electrician who has been referred to me, come to the house today to do an inspection, ECA will be contacting me on Thursday as well.

Thanks to all your input, I will keep you posted.

Mike

Thanks
    Sounds like a sensible next step. I suspect to failure list will be long but I'm sure you're prepared for that. I wouldn't rely on the ECA to arbitrate fairly, they are after all funded by their members so there's always a conflict of interests not too far below the surface. I wouldn't focus on the shortfallings of the first COC, you're likely to get tied up in politics and it's not to your advantage in the end. I would deal directly with the conveyancing attorney to get everything remedied at the sellers expense as per the new independent report you'll be getting and if the seller chooses to go after the first electrician then leave them to it.

Good luck.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Report Back:

Had a meeting with the ECA and they requested an inspector from Dept Trade & Industry to attend. Electrician also attended and was hauled over the coals. COC in question has been made invalid. He has untill this Friday to make good or else!!! No sign of action yet.

4. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (01-Jun-11), Dave A (01-Jun-11)

Thanks
    Sounds like a result from your side at least....... I'm impressed. I wouldn't hold my breath for punitive action against the ''electrician'' although it would be nice to see.

Thanks
    Hi Mike, I am afraid I have been too busy to regularly log in lately. Andy hit the nail on the head about ECA fairness. I was making my way to the bottom of the thread to let you know that you are welcome to contact me for correct impartial advice. The offer still stands however. Should you want more peace of mind after everything is ove,r you are welcome to contact me. I am available 24/7 to all my clients. If there is still something bothering you, feel free to ask & I will be glad to inform you of the regulatory requirements.

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up

A Final Word...

Hello all,

I was very impressed with the way the ECA dealt with this matter. Everything has been rectified and I have a new DB (which I paid for) The ECA here in PE seem to be on the ball to protect the consumer thereby their own name. The ECA even did an inspection on Friday to check on all the work the electrician did and all was found to be okay.

A BIG thank you to Simon an electrician who was referred to me, to come have a look see and make a list of problems to be seen to.

A word to all consumers, there are a lot of reputable electricians out there, but if you happen to need work done always check that the one you choose to do your work is registered with the Electical Contractors Association. If you have any disputes with the work done, you always have the ECA to fall back to. They will sort out the electrician or worst case, you have a claim against the ECA to have the work fixed.

Thanks to Andy and Sparks...

Mike

8. Thanks given for this post:

AndyD (06-Jun-11)

Thanks
    Glad to hear you came right and that the ECA have been jacked up here now. Maybe the bad publicity here has helped.
    Guess I will have to lay off them now.

Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing Sparks, it's the first time in ages I've seen positive feedback about the ECA in a matter like this. Hats off to them and I hope it's not an isolated flash of efficiency on their part.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Was the contractor who issued the invalid COC an ECA member?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Was the contractor who issued the invalid COC an ECA member?
    now this is an interesting question...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.