Thread: Who ran the best campaign this time?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who ran the best campaign this time?

Two years ago the members of TFSA were quite critical of the DA campaign for that election - particularly the "stop Zuma" part of it.

So who do you think ran the best campaign this time around?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think the DA certainly had their facts out early, and used it effectively in the city areas..

The ANC had no response to this, but was always using the 'white' gevaar as a campaign tool, and even went as far as stating that if the folks did not vote for the ANC, their ancestors would be upset and that bad luck would be cast on them for the rest of their lives. This to me is showing me the fear they have of loosing and resorting to so called muti type of campaign moves to get their point across. Unfortunately, the majority of the folk will still vote for the ANC, and then complain afterwards about the non delivery of service.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In my aria it must be the ANC, we are seeing municipal workers running around like headless chickens all over. That said no water for nearly a week now.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In a straight comparison from two years ago, I feel the DA ran a much more positive campaign and the ANC's campaign was pretty negative.

I had to chuckle when Kgalema Motlanthe was interviewed this morning and the question was posed whether the ANC had run a racist campaign this year. He tried to brush it off as the rantings of individuals and it wasn't coming from the party. Problem is those individuals hold party positions and were standing on an ANC platform when they were making their "rants."

In fairness to Kgalema, I'm quite sure those rantings aren't his bag.

I wonder what the turn-out is going to be like. My polling station tends to be a fairly quiet one with short queues, but it was like a ghost town today! Walked straight in the front door. The next voter only arrived as I was leaving. Way quieter than usual.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I have a sneaky suspicion that the ANC will win this one, strange that because our hospitals has a high death rating with pending murder charges, our crime rate is out of control, our roads are basically a hazard, we have no water our power a mess and our industries in and around our aria had more deaths this past few months then what I would care to mention.

Fact is our government officials here are failing in every aspect but they will win… But as campaigning go, the DA ran a tight ship but sadly I think a particular court case created a negative effect on their numbers. It is a pity because they seem to be able to do the job.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Does DA realistically have a chance of winning a majority - NO. Maybe in 20 years the best hope for another party to win was COPE but they have shot themselves in the foot. In my dream world I would love to UDM and DA merge and Holimisa become the leader that would make it very interesting.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Well............I happened to be a "Party Agent" at our local ward poling station and we had between 75 and 80 % turnout. Admittedly a mainly white ward, but even so I do not think that is bad.
    Here, the DA did a much better campaign job than any other party but taking the council..........I do not think so, as this is a strong mining community with many mine worker.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.