Right so jhave this annoying thing with with LED's. I have done about a few shop refit in the last year or so and have been putting in 3 watt pure white LED's in place of halogen 50 down lights in for display lighting which the customers have really liked. In some shops they are are perfect. In other shops I'll have a few that start to flicker/blink. Sometimes after a week, smetimes they will work for a few months 90% are working fine
Spoke to Radiant and they say it may be caused by voltage surges during switching of heavy load else where in the shoppping centre and LED's just don't like any overvoltage.(they were not radiant lamps by the way though I have "trial run" a few of them and they haven't crapped out yet).
The ones I do buy have 3 year guarentee so i just send them back and they happilly change them but I don't want to keep driving back to a shop just to change a lamp.
These are not the chinese import things, these are made in SA so don'y say they are just chinese crap.

So does anyone know of a device made to protect LED's from this. I know about surge arrestors obviously but what I want is something that will protect them from over voltage etc. Ther must be a device specifically made for this.

Is anyuone else having thsi problem?

Thanks
skatingspark