lets say i write a step by step article about how to wire up a generator (just using this as an example)...for the DIY enthusiust...have it printed in one of our local DIY mags...but the article is missing a few key points about the safety...and i forget to mention that you need to earth the unit etc etc...what happens if someone does their own generator connection and one of the members of his family or a friend visiting gets electricuted?

another question...what happens if one of our local DIY TV programs does an article on how to connect a new security light...but the step by step instalaltion is illegal?

If one of your customers are one of these DIY type peopel and like to do everything themselves...which i think is great...but he is buying and installing equipment which he has purchased from a DIY store and none of the components are SABS approved...how do you tell the customer that you cannot sign over his house when he sells it because all the components he installed are not sabs approved...and who is responsible for the cost to replace all thes ecomponenets which should never have been sold in south africa to start with?