Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to run an email marketing campaign!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sikander, no offense, but I can't imagine what reason there would be for 1m+ people to receive the same e-mail, unless it was spam. What the heck do you want to send them? And who are these 1m+ people?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Shot gun approach. I hope I am not on the list for this spam!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Email problem
    Thanks
    lol. Nopes.. I was offered an email db... Just wondered how would one send it

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi,

Nice post. I think there is a big difference between emailing existing clients and canvasing to new prospects. regarding prospect emails - I myself delete all almost all unsolicited mass-generated emails. I do however read emails that have been personally addressed to me and where the sender has taken the time to understand me or my business. This is obviously hard and time consuming to do.

T think there is an art to sending prospecting emails. The header is key. Needs to be interesting but not gimmicky. someone mentioned it should add value that's probably a good start.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Nienke - my advice is you need to get up to speed with social networking as a platform. Facebook will work well for your product B2C. I also think the mobile marketing route may work for you. (mxit, whatsapp etc) Good luck!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Suspended
    Thanks
    I thought giving you an update what’s going on so far:
    I’ve done a lot of cold calling. Before I do this, I try to get some info from the accommodations by going to their website. I try to figure out who to contact and then give it a go.

On the one hand, it works perfectly, on the other hand, it’s more difficult than expected.
    The good thing is that the reactions are very positive, over 80% wants to know more about our concept. This is way higher then expected, since accommodations are called a lot with people trying to sell them stuff.
    What is disappointing is that it takes a long time before they sign up on our site: I call them, and send them info by email. After a week I call again, and usually send them some more info. After another week, I call again, and if needed send them more info.

I know it takes about 7 contact moment before you can sell something to a customer, but I guess I never realized what this means.

At the moment, I’ll continue cold calling, because it’s rather effective, and after a couple of weeks I’ll go to the ‘email bomb’, as I call it. And I’ll definitely be using Mothers tips:
    “and the e-mail listed 3 MAJOR problems all schools face, along with the 3 solutions we offer”

But also try to do what Lee mentioned. It should be personal.

Again, thanks everybody for your tips and tricks, it has certainly helped me!

Oh, and if you know of an accommodation who wants to apply, let me know, you can even win some great prices!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienke View Post
    Hi Mirelle,

Any more tips&tricks for an email marketing campaign? Like to know more, since I don't want to p*ss people off with the emails I'm planning on sending them!
    Hi Nienke! I will suggest you to follow my favorite productivity blog Blog.taskwise.com. Here you can find a lot of useful online marketing strategies )) Have a great day!!!

Thanks
    According to me you that after optimizing an email delivery system, test it with a content checking service to see if it appears like spam. This avoids the messages being sent immediately to junk folders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123