Thread: Dear ANC you never won the struggle

Thanks

Dear ANC you never won the struggle

I have been mulling this thought for a while and am trying to reduce it to a bumper sticker to sell to the 'Afriforum' guys.

'Dear ANC you never won the struggle, we could still be fighting a civil war, broke, but still fighting like Afghanistan.

The pundits in the NP realised that continuing on with 'Apartheid' would eventually break the Country beyond repair so they capitulated and reversed their policies for the good of the country.

Can you not also capitulate and reverse your policies for the good of everybody, especially the poor, and run the country properly instead of breaking it anyway?

PS I was never a Nat but was really surprised by Pink Frikkie, I thought we as a country were headed down the long tunnel to oblivion.
    I had hope for SA, but now I feel we are in the same position as we were before as far as the economy goes, there are too many pigs at the trough and they need to be culled politically before they bleed the Country white (useful anology)
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think it is safe to say that; Wynn you are just about right. That is if the struggle was about having a constitutional democracy in which all have equal opportunity, protection and access to resources. Black intellectuals like Xolelo Mangcu and Moeletsi Mbeki are trying desperately to bring the sweet voice of reason to a minefield of self righteousness, dysfunction and predation. The President seems to be ill advised at every turn. He does appear to realize that things are pretty desperate. The problem, and my oh my, it is a problem, is that the poor capacity and culture was embedded under Thabo Mbeki. Zuma is stuck with it ... and "his camp" want as much as the Mbeki camp amassed. Gwede Mantashe has just "proudly" announced the "new" priority. Simply put, the plan is to make Black folk rich as quickly as possible. Now it is one thing to acquire wealth by innovative productivity. It is quite another thing to do this by simply grabbing what others are producing, i.e, asset stripping. A cake that is not getting any bigger cannot fatten everyone. In time the very same dissatisfaction that led to the downfall of Thabo Mbeki will start to fester and suppurate, amongst those at the top. As for the rest of society; well they cannot be in the plan. The cake is just not big enough. But society will eventually react. It will not be pretty. Moletsi Mbeki is right that SA will then have its "Tunisia Day". It is not a matter of "if", but when. See - http://coginito.blogspot.com/2011/02...d-grenade.html.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not too much longer to the next national electoral congress of the ANC. Hang in there South Africa - with any luck we'll see a better quality of leadership elected this time around.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Dave A -
    Not too much longer to the next national electoral congress of the ANC. Hang in there South Africa - with any luck we'll see a better quality of leadership elected this time around.
    Hmnnnn .... trouble is I don't see the likes of Dr Mamphela Aletta Ramphele, Moeletsi Mbeki, Dr Xolelo Mangcu, Prof Jonathan Jansen ... in contention. Sigh ... sniff ... sniff ... sob ... sob ... uncontrollable break down ...
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.