Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is complicated!

Thanks
    Well it is on like DONKY KONG!
    Got FNB to prove that the accounts are still active.
    Got an E-Mail tracker to track where my sent e-mails go that i send to them. hopefully they won't pick it up?
    Looked around and searched and gotten an e-mail address to send all my data to which is part of the fraud section (hq.commercial@saps.org.za) hope you all don't mind me posting it here so that if anyone that reads this knows what to do the moment you get scamed.
    Maybe i'll get lucky? maybe i wont?
    Have to report everything 2morrow OFFICIALLY to the police department but have sent all the info and my whole story to that e-mail address(hq.commercial@saps.org.za).
    I'll probably get alot of feedback starting from 2morrow or when every1 gets back from the easter weekend.

Thanks
    Well the trace didn't work on the gmail account!
    I surly hoped that they didn't open it in https,but the trace shows that the e-mail wasn't opened but i still got a reply from them.That only means that they are using outlook or something simular or just opening it in plain text.
    That also means that they already know about tracing e-mails and know how to battle it ,unfortunitely they are orginized and are skilled!

Email problem
    Thanks
    A friend of mine was also scammed by the same company.

Thanks
    This sounds like my experience with "Auctions Online". I saw on Bid or Buy that Auctions Online had a large screen Garmin GPS at a reasonable price. I made the winning bid and paid in the amount. The GPS was not delivered to my office as arranged. I had to fetch it at the Post Office after querying. It was supposedly brand new. There were a few small faults which I managed to sort out through correspondence with Garmin UK. Garmin SA did not bother to respond. (supplying Auctions on line with returns?). I received good service from Garmin UK. The last fault(still not resolved) is that the voice prompts have dissappeared. Auctions Online promised to send a replacement immediately. I am still waiting(2months). Bid or Buy also got no response from them to my knowledge. Garmin UK will replace the unit for me if I send it there but reading here it is definitely not worth that much.
    Good luck getting your money back. I at least got the unit even if it is faulty.
    Last edited by Sparks; 10-Jun-11 at 09:18 PM. Reason: wrong button

Thanks
    Scams happen to people, "off-line" as well - i.e. face-to-face. The bottom line is that you should be on your guard the whole time, and trust your gut. If something feels out of place, don't proceed with the transaction.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

6. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (20-May-13)

Thanks
    got the same story.go to SAPS fraud .let me guess,you talked to a nigerian fella?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dis aqua i View Post
    got the same story.go to SAPS fraud .let me guess,you talked to a nigerian fella?
    Someone please explain this to me: With FICA, RICA, IP address, bank accounts etc. how is it possible that the authorities can't trace you within 24 hours????
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    People say I am old fashion, but when I buy something I like to hold it in my hand before I hand over money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    People say I am old fashion, but when I buy something I like to hold it in my hand before I hand over money.
    That is by far the safest policy, but with online buying, how do you do that? All online sellers want the cash up-front. They don't trust the customer enough either.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I don't buy stuff online.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.