Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Way Forward - The Way Forward In South Africa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    I can't find a web site, can you post a link?
    1 Way Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by adele.strydom View Post
    I don't have to sell you a product so that you can earn money. That's why most people join a network. They probably don't even like the product, but they join the network anyway in order to earn an extra income. I'm taking out the product, and still offering them a chance to make some extra money.
    The legal problem is no product = pyramid. I'm afraid the rosy glow of a good clause doesn't make it legal.

Thanks
    I'm assuming it's h**p://www.1wayforward.org/. Please let me know if I'm wrong Adele.

*Edit.*Damn, that's what happens when you don't read to the end of the thread before replying.

Email problem
    Thanks

Excuse me if I sound ignorant and as usual cynical, but I believe you are trying to take coal to Newcastle, you want to teach people who stay in mud huts how to build mud houses?

No, we are trying to teach people who live in townships (shacks) to build a home out of cob. Transforming a township into a cob village is our goal ..

The web address is www.1wayforward.org

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Adele - may I be Devil's advocate here? Making money from charity seems a little backward to me first of all and secondly - I can see how and why this system (albeit looking very pyramid like) may work but is it legal?

I must say I take umbridge to your statement above - not everyone that joins a network does it just for the money. Any system will work for someone whether it be a paying job or a MLM if they apply the right ethic and of course believe in the product. I would not have lasted 10 years in my field selling a product that I don't like or don't use. That alone would put someone's ethic under fire, yes?
    There are three types of network marketers - those that ONLY sell product *(because they believe in it), those that sell the product (because they believe in it) and offer people the opportunity to do the same under their guidance (i.e. downline) and then there are those that are in it just to prove the system works - a system that would not work without a base line product.

I do not stand up for all MLM systems here because I know that some are pretty dodgey in their own right - however, to me it's all about ethic and how much of that is applied to a business, whether it be your own, one you get paid for or one you 'signed into'.
    Hi,

Yes, it is legal.

And with regards to your second statement, if I am in trouble financially, but, I find this company that says if you pay R4500.00 you come into our network at the highest level, and can earn up to 'X' amount in a year, I would do my homework before joining. Not everybody has that kind of money, I know I don't.

I am not making money off charity. To rebuild a community costs money. To help people costs money. What we are trying to do, is merely help those who live in Suburbia and earn a low income, earn some extra money, and also help those who live in townships to actually be able to support their families.

Why do people break into houses? Steal Cars? Rob people at gunpoint? .. for money .. if everyone can work together as a nation to change the unemployment, crime levels will come down.

Changing people's mindsets about anything is a difficult task. And getting the idea of a crime free, unemployment free South Africa across the board and into the mind of every South African is our biggest obstacle, but we believe we can do it. And we will. And when we do, I hope everybody is ready for it.

Email problem
    Thanks

Sorry

So it seems in my rush to type everything out, I gave you incorrect information. My apologies for that. Here are the correct figures ..

44% is used for commission
    38% is used for bank charges and Tax
    18% is used for Research & Development

http://www.1wayforward.org/index.php...u_item~~L1_535

Sorry again. I hope this explains it better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12