Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motor vehicle repossession

Suspended
    Thanks

motor vehicle repossession

so yesterday i am minding my own bussiness...thinking about what a k*k year i am having...just lost a big job to a cheapie contractor (or should i say zim national working for less than R150per hour with his 5 man team which only 3 arrived to work) taking all our work...yes customers are not interested in quality of work...and boy are they getting what they paid for even had to go switch on in the sub station because of an electrical explosion in the factory...but anyway thats not what this tread is all about.

i hear this hooting at my gate...check out the window there is a fancy BMW in my driveway...so now i start tthinking maybe it the investgation team from durban electricity department...cool they can come check out my system i have in place...and they can see for them selves that ther eis no fuse etc...etc

but to my surprise its standard bank collections apparently...here to repo my wifes motor vehicle...ok so now i am confused.

firstly she had a couple late payments which she paid up to date and in full in december when she got here bonus

then for some reason standard bank stopped her debit order in january and febuary so she got behind again...when she realised what was going on she contacted them and made addtional payment of R500 on her current installment in march...and was gona pay R500 extra each month.

i was told he had a asset collection document...my immediate response was maybe my wife was lying to me...so i contact her and tell her thay are here to collect her car and she better come clean with me other wise i would tell them where to collect the car...turns out she was not lying...so i took down the collection persons name and number to investigate further...i contact standard bank legal to find there is only an amount of R1800 outstanding...and they want to repo the car which is valued at R 200 000 with a total outstanding balance of R18000 left to pay...you have no idea how p*ssed off i am with standard bank.

by the way they have increased her installment d by R300 per month over and above all the other extras she has to pay lay payment fees etc...how the f&*^% can they do this...

i am now even more determined to get completely debt free...apparently i owe virgin mobile R200 from 3 years ago because of a debit order problem they had... which they have now recently listed me on the ITC as a bad debit...thank goodness i will leave it like that just so i am forced not to make other people rich from here on out...and will go back to paying in cash for everthing so i dont get caught in credit card scam which seems to be on the increase...no cash no spend....and try get all my small customers to pay me cash by offering an incentive...cheaper rate...just think how much you save...not having to pay cash deposits...cash withdraw...etc etc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    ...check out the window there is a fancy BMW in my driveway...so now i start tthinking maybe it the investgation team from durban electricity department..
    Sorry to hear you're having a bad week. The line above did make me smile, just the thought of Durban electrical supply authority doing away with all those tedious commercial vehicles like vans and cherry-picker trucks and purchasing a fleet of BMW 6 series. :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    The line above did make me smile, just the thought of Durban electrical supply authority doing away with all those tedious commercial vehicles like vans and cherry-picker trucks and purchasing a fleet of BMW 6 series. :-)
    Eish! Comrade - those 6 series BMWs are useless off-road.

But the BMW X5 is perfect!
    In black.
    With chrome mags and low profile tyres.
    (Of course).
    Last edited by Dave A; 14-Apr-11 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks
    Murdock, you seem to be a human magnet that attracts sh*t. How do you do it ?
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Eish! Comrade - those 6 series BMWs are useless off-road.

But the BMW X5 is perfect!
    In black.
    With chrome mags and low profile tyres.
    (Of course).

and da blue light for when i am late for eeh meeting...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Murdock, you seem to be a human magnet that attracts sh*t. How do you do it ?
    i get out there and do stuff...i dont have a routine munday boring life...which is repeated day after day after day...and with that comes all the challenges...and o f course i am stubborn

Suspended
    Thanks
    i was told yesterday by the person wanting to collect the vehicle that there was an outstanding amount of over R7000 to be paid immediately or they attach the vehicle and it was so urgent that they wanted to collect the vehicle ther eand then....38 phone calls to standard bank legal since this morning later the women finally takes the call and advises us that we only have to pay an amount of less than R2000...what the WTF

maybe its time to go to wendy knower and discuss this issue with her....

the questions i am starting ask is who is the person collecting the vehicle...an agent for standard bank who works on a commision basis.

where did he come up with this figue...maybe a little something in the back pocket for himself.

is the women working at standard bank and this agent up to something collecting on the side...you scratch my back i scratch yours.

considering this issue was discussed and sorted out at a standard bank branch with one of the managers months ago already and now suddenly yesterday the vehicle is to be attached...mmmm

i smell a rat....taking advantage of people who dont know any better.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    i hear this hooting at my gate...check out the window there is a fancy BMW in my driveway...so now i start tthinking maybe it the investgation team from durban electricity department..

Hi Murdock - the sentence above is sufficient to tell me that you are a very positive person.. just keep on reminding yourself that if you can still place some faith in a gov department, you have sufficient resilience to get out of the crappy situation you are in.. Holding thumbs that it all works out really well for you.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    i hear this hooting at my gate...check out the window there is a fancy BMW in my driveway...so now i start tthinking maybe it the investgation team from durban electricity department..

Hi Murdock - the sentence above is sufficient to tell me that you are a very positive person.. just keep on reminding yourself that if you can still place some faith in a gov department, you have sufficient resilience to get out of the crappy situation you are in.. Holding thumbs that it all works out really well for you.
    funny you should say that....every morning when i got up at 4.45 to go for my 6-8 km walk for a couple of years... i was reminded by the ladies i walked with what a pesimist i am...and asked how on earth i manage to survive...its not the first crappy situtation...in fact it is one of the easy dificult times...if fact i am in a lot better position now than i have been in in past crappy times....at least this time my debts are small compared to my assets...i wouldnt even have to sell my house to recover from this one...my vehicle is on the positive side of hp ie...i can sell it for more than i owe and still walk away with some cash in my pocket...and my bond is less than half the value of my house in fact it is more like a 1/3 of the value...the only thing i need to work towards is a pension fund with a couple million...but never fear i am working on it....just need to get thru this...by the way the car they want to repo only has 5 month to go and it is paid up...i could sell a couple of my fishing rod and pay the car off...its a joke

the worse was being crippled...told by the doc that i would be like that for the rest of my life and lost every material possesion i had worked 10 years to aquire....got divorced....lost a friend to cancer...ended up on the street that time...but hey...i am still here...taking ever day and challenge as it comes...and trying to give away as much as i can to see other people happy...maybe not enough.

the joy about being down and out is there is so much to look forward to when things get better.

just remember " nothing" you ever buy will ever make you as happy as watching some one who has nothing receive a gift.

Thanks
    Murdock, You are my hero!!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.