Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customised Forms for different entities in Pastel Partner

Silver Member
    Thanks

Question Customised Forms for different entities in Pastel Partner

Hi,

Could someone please help me with the following:

I have a number of "sets of books" on Pastel Partner and would like to make use of the customised form feature on some of them.

My main entity (my own company) invoices clients and there I have customised a form to display my logo etc. I struggled to get the system to use this customised form (.enz) instead of the standard one (.eng). I pasted the .enz file in the "New forms" folder, but the system was still using the standard form. When I pasted the .enz file in the main folder for forms "Pastel11\Custom\Forms" it used my logo on the invoices and I was happy...

I have since generated invoices in another entity, but now it also uses the custom form, which displays my company details. I had to delete the .enz file from the main folder "Pastel11\Custom\Forms" and then the system used the standard form.

I don't want to be cutting and pasting these files everytime I need a custom / standard form to be used...

Can anyone help me on how to have custom forms per entity activated?

Thanks!
    J7J

Thanks
    Ok, for each company that you want to customize you must make the form and save that form in the specific company folder. Pastel will always look in the company folder first and if it does not find a .enz file it will look in the Pastel folder for a .enz but that means that all the companies will use the same customized form. If Pastel does not find any .enz files it will use the .eng file, which is the standard form.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

3. Thanks given for this post:

J7J (13-Apr-11)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Ok, for each company that you want to customize you must make the form and save that form in the specific company folder. Pastel will always look in the company folder first and if it does not find a .enz file it will look in the Pastel folder for a .enz but that means that all the companies will use the same customized form. If Pastel does not find any .enz files it will use the .eng file, which is the standard form.
    Thank you very much. Can you maybe tell me where to save it in the specific company folder? I have the main company folder ie. "Pastel11\ABCD2011" with a whole lot of files in it and then I have a subfolder under that: "Pastel11\ABCD2011\Documents" which contains: "Pastel11\ABCD2011\Documents\Letters", "Pastel11\ABCD2011\Documents\Labels" and "Pastel11\ABCD2011\Documents\PDF"...

Thanks
    You save this file under C:\Pastel09\company folder. ( Just that........do not go any further.)
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

6. Thanks given for this post:

J7J (14-Apr-11)

Thanks
    Thanks, Martin, for answering J7J's questions so well!

J7J, feel free to call on me if you need any assistance in modifying your custom forms more.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

8. Thanks given for this post:

J7J (14-Apr-11)

Thanks
    Pleasure, Caught you napping !

Remember the Error 76 ?

Has now moved to a different workstation running Win 7.
    I am beginning to suspect my server installation.
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your assistance. Really appreciate it!

Email problem
    Thanks

Unable to select custom forms as new default layout

Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    You save this file under C:\Pastel09\company folder. ( Just that........do not go any further.)
    Quick Question...
    I have followed your instructions, however it seems to keep picking up the defaults.
    Is it maybe because I have called the invoice "invoice.enz" and my quotes "quote.enz" and my purchase orders "purchase-order.enz"
    Is there no way of locking in these custom forms to specifics - other than clicking the Custom Document layout file and pointing it to the respective designed form?

Thanks
    Yep, that is the mistake.................your file name should be csdocsp.enz and that file should be in the company folder.
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Thanks
    Sorry I did not read the rest about the quote and purchase order, but the file names for these must remain the same as the originals and the customised form shoud have the .enz extention and lastly, the file must be copied into the company folder because that is the first place that Pastel will look for to find a .enz file

Hope this helps !
    Martin Coetzee
    www.straptite.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.