Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is an online Business profitable

Thanks

Is an online Business profitable

Good Day

I recently started my own online business, still very new but I always wonders if it was actually worth the money spent, I have designed my own site, so startup cost was next to nothing.

Does any one have experience in online businesses that care to give me some more information on their findings.

Thank you

Thanks
    I suppose it depends on what you do online, but our hosting business has been very successful since the day we started. And I personally know quite a few people who makes some nice money with various types of online website.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    Thank you very much for the information, I am looking at setting up a ecommerce site with zencart, do you maybe know of someone that can explain to me exactly what is needed to make this work in south africa, modules etc.

Thanks
    ZenCart is probably one of the most widely used shopping carts in S.A. Check their forums and you'll find plenty info on anything you need

Thanks
    I'm not sure if my evolving business model would be considered as an online business or not...

I am slowly but surely moving my consultancy to a remote desktop consultancy, using TeamViewer and Skype, which means that I can conduct my business from anywhere in the world, provided I have internet access. I get such a kick when I get an enquiry from a total stranger who has filled in my website form, and I then assist him remotely, and then get paid for it, all in the comfort of my home, dressed only in shorts, T-shirt and slops!

As from tomorrow I will be taking a semi-holiday in the St Lucia area, where I will be putting my online business model to the test, and where there is no option of getting into a car and driving to a client!

Online business is truly liberating and very cost effective, provided you have set it up properly with a decent lead-generating website (i.e. Google-friendly).
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Quoting the words or Morpheus in The Matrix: "Welcome, to the real world!"

Enjoy it

Doing business online, with only the only real requirement of internet access makes quite a difference to one's personal & family lifestyle -but you need to get a balance since it's often easy to work till 1am in the morning, in the living room.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux-Rudi View Post
    ... it's often easy to work till 1am in the morning, in the living room.
    You are so right - especially when you get clients located in places like the Philippines... Believe it or not, Pastel (a proudly South African product) is used there as well!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    I know exactly what you are talking about there softdux it so easy to go for hours on end designing, editing, refining etc your online "world" that you almost forget that there is a real world out there, I think we must look at the international front, they are way in front of us, which is a good thing in a way, because we can learn from their mistakes in the online world before ours start booming.

Neville I was looking into exactly the same business model a few months ago, and for some reason i stopped, its a good initiative. pm me if you are interested i branching out this business of yours.

Thanks
    I am currently in the process of building a community and dating website, with shopfront, it keeps me busy for hours on end, but the end result will result in much more free time at the end, online business has become so automatic that once everything is setup correctly you can almost just sit back and watch the money come in, or focus most of your attention on promotions and marketing.

LOVE IT!

Thanks
    In my experience online business is more profitable......
    Because i use this website for more than 5 years for buying and selling the domain name and hosting plans, in that site i earn very good profit......
    They provide two types of reseller account, Basic Reseller and Pro Reseller..... Each account has different plans....
    So that you can use this website goresellers.com and sell the domain name and hosting plans and get more profitable.....

In this website, some of the offers they provide are:
    # WebSite Tonight
    # Shared Hosting
    # Search Engine Visibility
    # Express Email Marketing®
    # Secure SSL Certificate and many more plans

They provide many more offers to the Resellers so that still i use this website......

In better you can visit this website and get the clear idea about this website....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast