Thread: Vodacom SMS via e-mail

Thanks

Question Vodacom SMS via e-mail

G'day everyone

I'm not in ZA right now and I didn't think I would need to receive an SMS on my ZA cellphone, but now I do. The people over at Vodacom's help desk doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking. I want to see my SMSes without having access to my cellphone. Can that be done? Can one get an e-mail whenever you get an SMS? Alternatively, can one somehow log into one's account at Vodacom and see a list of SMSes that you've received?

Short of sending my SIM card back to ZA via courier, so that a friend can check my SMSes, what are my options, do you think?

Thanks
    Samuel

Suspended
    Thanks
    Vodacom has a SMS ROAMING service:
    1) Before leaving RSA,simply SMS - ROAMON to 123 (Free within SA)
    2) If you've already left RSA,simply SMS - ROAMON to +2782123 (R2.75 per SMS)
    What can I do?
    Send and Receive SMS,s. All voice and data funtionality is disabled while traveling internationally.
    Benefits
    * Low- cost way to keep in touch.
    * Single. predictable rate of R2.75 per SMS sent, regardless of your destination.
    * available in more than 193 countries and 451 networks.

There is no SMS to Email Service. If you require more assistance use www.mybroadband.co.za Forums where Vodacom has a dedicated representative.

3. Thanks given for this post:

AndyD (07-Apr-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proseal View Post
    Vodacom has a SMS ROAMING service:
    2) If you've already left RSA,simply SMS - ROAMON to +2782123 (R2.75 per SMS)
    Thanks -- that is useful information.

I've googled a bit for "roamon" and it appears that I can only activate this service from outside ZA if I already have roaming activated anyway.

[Sorry for not replying sooner -- the forum's post notification system must be broken, because I asked for notification but I didn't get any.]

Suspended
    Thanks
    Pleasure but remember for future info. As a Vodacom user please try www.mybroadband.co.za were Vodacom has a dedicated Thread with "VodacomData" representing and employed by Vodacom. He is extemely helpfull.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.