i have had a telkom account with a closer plan for a couple of years...when i had a problem i would phone and go through the slow process of press 1 then 5 then 6 then 3 then 8 then 3 then wait patiently you and operator because they were experiencing high call volumes...then get free advice about why thier sytem wasnt funtioning properly...now when you do it you have to accept terms and conditions and pay R119 for 20 minutes and then x amout for every 10 minutes after that...and pay for software to be downloaded to your pc...

have the banks and telkom been conspiring against up...seems telkom has become like the banks.

but thats not even what has p*ssed on my battery this morning...the fact that i reduced my closer plan yesterday and today i now longer have internet access or an email...yet all i did was reduce the free daily calls because cellphone calls arent free during this period...now suddenly today no mor eiternet or email...yet when i dicessed this with the operator yesterday i was told that my 5 gig plan would stay as it was just the free calls would be reduced...lesson learnt dont change any at telkom and get as far away from telkom as possible as they gear up to rip a hole in your pocket every time you have a problem...if you add all the errrr and sorry please repeat that you down the tube you 119 bucks before you can say jack frost.