Thread: Down Lighter Bulbs

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Down Lighter Bulbs

Hi All,

I need some advice, not sure if i am posting in the right place!!

My store was fitted with down lighters. The bulbs they use are 12V MR16 50Watt 50mm dia

Is there other alternatives like energy savers or something to bring down the consumption (ive been told they use alot of electricity) and to also make the place brighter?

or will i have to scrap the whole system and put in something else? (which would be my last option as it would them mean covering holes in the ceiling etc...)

Would appreciate some options

Thanks,
    J

Suspended
    Thanks
    if you want more light mount fittings fittings over the holes and use the cabling to the downlighter transfomers to power the new lights.

12volt downlights use 0.2 amps of power on the 230 volt side...it depends on what you are comparing to an led light would draw mA but not give you anwhere near the lux.

Thanks
    In a retail / shop environment good colour rendering is a high priority for lighting. The 12 volt halogen lamps you are using will give the best results for quantity and quality of light when compared to energy saving equivalents. Unfortunately this is at the expense of efficiency. If you replace them with a compact fluorescent or LED alternative you'll notice the difference.

I think Philips make a higher efficiency halogen downlight lamp (IRC range) which will save in energy consumption but if you want to make the area brighter you'll need to add more lights..

Thanks
    My personal fav. is flurescent with daylight tubes. Above my desk, in my workshop, a covered one in the loo and even a double one above the industrial ceiling fan hanging above my bed.
    Maybe if my eyes were not making their way to my backside I would have something different

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    ......and even a double one above the industrial ceiling fan hanging above my bed.
    When I renovated and dumped the air-con in favour of ceiling fans it was a major challenge to lay out the lighting so the fans wouldn't cause a flashing light effect when they were running at the same time the lights are on. Apparently it can trigger epilepsy.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.